look what i found in my garden today

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
i found this tamato worm in my garden actually i found 2 im trying to find more i know not to feed them because they could possibily have pesticides but i am going to try to get them to mate that would be awesome haha highly unlikly though o well it looks like a really cool worm though

0903091453.jpg

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
It will take many generations for those to be detoxified enough to use as a feeder... you are aware of that, yes ? ;) Juuuuuust checking :D
Janie

Gail

BD.org Addict
hornworms are extremely difficult to raise. You have to get the worms to cocoon then when the moths hatch, they need a very large area for their mating flight, preferably something room sized.
If you really want to raise worms, you would be better off with silkies.

Edit: forgot to add that not only do you have to watch out for pesticide but the tomato plants they eat are toxic which in turn make the wormies toxic to feed to any animal. The horns you buy for reptiles have been raised on a artifical food much like silkworm chow.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
They are a wicked thing to look at! And that isn't even full grown yet!!! :lol: I remember the first time seeing them I didn't no weather to touch it or use tweezers!! :lol:

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
no i had no idea about all this i was juts kinda joking i dont like the things they make this weird ticking noise plus a whole room to breed them nawww i dont want the stupid worm now ... ill stick with silkies

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yea ... i went out side to throw the worms away and they were not there birds must have ate them hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom