ill start with the basic info

How old is your dragon? about 7 months
How long have you had your dragon? almost 3 mnoths
How long is your dragon? 16-17 inches
What is the sex of your dragon? female
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 40g breeder
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? repti carpet
Do you use UVB lights? of course
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? mercury vapor
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? powersun 100w
How old is your UVB bulb? almost 3 months
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? 12 inches
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? supplemental lighiting for a brighter enclosure 100w daylight adds little to no heat
What are the basking temps? 98-100
What is the cool side temp? 80-85
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? digital thermometer
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? directly on basking spot and on top of hide on the cool side
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no
What do you feed your dragon? crickets(gutloaded with catfood and carrrots),variety of collard mustard and kale greens, flukers bearded dragon pellets in salad for variety, occasional horn worms
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? crickets in morning and early evening, salad all day
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? yes catfood carrots leftover salad
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? rep cal calcium 3x a week and multivitamin 1x a week
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? yes once or twice a day
Do you bath your dragon? How often? almost everyday for around 10 to 15 minutes
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? misted once a day and has water bowl she often climbs in or through
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? no breeder showed me a very recent clean checkup when i bought her

ok now to my problem , my little girl piff started a shed on her face,that came off just fine. then her tail started and the last 2 inches of it shed off but the rest of it, probably like 6 inches has not come off and has been completely gray for a little over 2 weeks now. i have been giving baths everyday for even longer than usual and also invested in a supposed shed aiding spray, it hasnt seemed to help.
all i really want to know is if i should be worried or if it is just a slow shed cause she is growing so fast so her scales need to get much bigger than the last set so its taking longer.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I have a dragon that seems to take forever to shed his whole body. It can take him over a month. You know, anything to make us crazy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom