Loki Possibly sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
I know during sheding the can go days without really eating but hes not sheding. I read up that rassberrys are an ok treat for them. Three days ago he ate 3 rasberrys and green and crickets He eats bout 30-40 crickets a day but for the past 2 days he has refused to eat anything rassberrys crickets anything. He ate very few cricket from what i saw. I know his temps are right and i also know hes getting enough water cuz he gets bought a hour worth of soak time. What im wondering is if hes ill Hes very slow and not wide eyed like normal He keeps having boths eyes half way closed. He seems so tired But i know he got sleep last night Hes 7 months old.

Hes haveing bowl movements once to twice a day good size normal stool no discoloration solid like normal (he goes in water) . Im not really sure what to look for Im going to vet in a bit to get his nails trimmed I might ask them then to do a quick check over.

Any advice?

The reason i put this in er Is cuz im not sure if i should be worried about those rassberrys since that was the last thing he ate or not.

As i said he is eating crickets this morning just very slowly which is unlike him

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Well I don't have a lot of advice. But I dont' think it was the raspberries, unless their was a chemical on them or something. I've fed my dragons raspberries many times. It's one of their favorites.

Sorry i can't be much help. I hope he gets better soon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Are you sure his set up and lights are good ? He might be going through the winter slow down period. This time of year many dragons become inactive. One other thing, I noticed you said his baths are an hour long ? I would cut that to 15 minutes. They don't need that long of a soak, and he could easily aspirate, or breath in some water accidentally since they are not water lizards, in the widl they would never soak like that. Also, the water temp. would cool way down in an hour, and he would be getting extremely chilled, they need to go right back under the heat lamp after time in the water. [ After drying them off of course, patting down with a towel ] Just some thoughts to throw out there. I hope it's nothing serious.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well I keep the temp of the water at a constint luke warm since im in there with him the entire time he soaks and the hour a day is cut into 2 sesions 1 time in the morning when he first goes to the bathroom and 1 time in the aftenoon when he goes again. He seems to enjoy it so I just make sure the waters warm and let him go.

I know his temps are right becuase i check them them everyday its part of my rutine Temp on hot side varsy from 108*-112*
Cold side 80*-85*

His diet consit of a varity of veggies and fruit all calcium based every other day hes feed crickets dusted.

He just seems sorta cuput anymore He could be just getting hit by the winter brush, The temps outside range from -5*-20*

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is your UVB light right now?
How often do you give calcium supplementation?

He could be slowing down for brumation right now, but dragons should be starting to come out of brumation here real soon. How do his eyes look, are they bright or sunken in, which indicates dehydration.
I do not think it is the raspberries, either unless as someone else spoke of, there were chemicals on them or something.
Do you have any pictures of him?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom