Lizzy limping

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxerLvr

Today my beardie, who is maybe 9 inches long now started limping. Her front right leg is what seems to be the issue.. my vet is out of town for a week and the ER vet doens't do beardies.. what should I do? Could it be broken or could she have rubbed it wrong or possibly gotten a nail stuck in her log? She's my first beardie and i'm not sure what to do here.. any and all help appreciated! I don't physically see anything wrong with the leg, but I know that doesn't mean squat :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have a way of posting a picture for us? Is there any swelling that you can see?
Could she have fallen off of something, or gotten her leg wedged in between something?
Has she lost a nail? Unless she fell a good ways onto something hard, it should not be broken though. A picture would be helpful. Does she seem stressed, such as is her beard black or has her appetite decreased any since this began?

Tracie

boxerLvr

Original Poster
She's sleeping right now so can't get a clear picture. Her nails are in tact, and I do not see any kind of swelling. Tomorrow I will also photograph her enclosure. Theres no way she fell any distance. In her tank i have a rock with the cave (that she ignores) and 2 logs and a flat log. Only thing I can think of is maybe on one of the pieces of wood her nail might have gotten caught and maybe the leg twisted?? Her beard isn't black and she just kinda laid there after limping so I chased her crickets into the corner by where she was and she ate them without issue (kind of a dine in delivery kinda night for her). She went to sleep earlier then normal tonight. I keep peeking in on her to make sure she's ok, as she is my first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom