Lizarto passed away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
I don't know where to put this under. But, today Lizarto passed away today. before she passed away, i was giving her some sweet potato baby food, its organic and sugar free. then i give her some L-Caratinie about 1 TSP. for some reason she was trying to swallow the sweet potato, but she coughing, i tried to make her vomit out the stuff, i don't have charcoal on me. i tried tilting her down at an angle and try to spit it out, but she couldn't. at night, all i can hear is her coughing, i tried everything to keep her alive, i fell a sleep. and now she is lifeless. i feel so bad.. Lizarto died at May 21, 17. i had her for a long time, she had perfect lights and everything. she was a happy girl. i don't know if she was in pain at all while she was coughing the sweet potato. . :((
i feel like i failed as a beardie mommy! :( :( :( :(

I am so sorry to hear that!

Try not to beat yourself up too much over it. The past can't be changed. (no matter how much we wish it could!)

It's hard to know for sure what happened, but since you sounded concerned about the sweet potato and coughing, I can give a tiny piece of advice.

Skywalker tried to take a piece of broccoli out of my hands once when I was breaking it up for him, and the piece he took was too big. He couldn't spit it out on his own I had to take tweezers to pull it out for him.

They really don't seem to have a strong jaw. He couldn't bite down on it to break it up, either.

I would suggest browsing the forum, or perhaps asking someone, about how they size the vegetables for their beardie so that everything is easy to chew, and goes down okay. =) At least that way, you'll know for sure your other BD won't ever aspirate on anything.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry to hear that Lizarto died. :( Was she not eating at all for her to be fed baby food ? When people [ or animals ] aspirate/choke on their food it can accidentally cause death. That's what happened, even though it was such soft food. Poor girl, it's so sad that this happened. :(

Glassestho, the dragon choked/aspirated baby food ,not on anything that was being chewed. And adult dragons have an extremely powerful bite, but they can choke + not be able to get a large object down similar to what could happen to us with way too much food in our mouth at once.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey guys thanks for the reply! lizarto was on a straight diet, I was giving her some baby food to help her tummy,she ate some. I dont think she likes sweet potato. :( it wasn't anything big. I don't know why she didn't like it! :(
When she passed away, I opened her mouth and see the sweet potato still on the back of her throat. I let it slide out and I jsit cried! :( I feel so bad for her. I am gload I am not the only one that had a choking accident!
I am glad she is in a better place now. And thank you guys for the support for my lizards! I really appreciate everything you do in the form!
She was so lifeless... I jsut took her to the vet and I am going to get her ashes soon!
Thank you so much guys... bless you all <3

AHBD":34yr4l16 said:
I'm so sorry to hear that Lizarto died. :( Was she not eating at all for her to be fed baby food ? When people [ or animals ] aspirate/choke on their food it can accidentally cause death. That's what happened, even though it was such soft food. Poor girl, it's so sad that this happened. :(

Glassestho, the dragon choked/aspirated baby food ,not on anything that was being chewed. And adult dragons have an extremely powerful bite, but they can choke + not be able to get a large object down similar to what could happen to us with way too much food in our mouth at once.

I misread that as sweet potato rather than baby food.

Where are those glasses of mine? *fumbles around*

I've been bitten before and it didn't even leave a red mark. I suppose I was just lucky- or they weren't really trying to hurt me, then.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3pmyv0rv said:

the reason i feed her baby food because she tends not to poop as she should. (she gets her greens and bugs) i try to clean up her system as much as i can, having an impact dragon is the last thing i need :( i am glad she is in a happier place now. i am going to get her ashes soon, and it will be kept for my memory of my dragon. Lizarto the dragon :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that Lizarto passed away, that is always so devastating & heartbreaking. :cry:
How old was she? She may have choked on the foods or fluid possibly.

Tracie

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3ik5dahi said:
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that Lizarto passed away, that is always so devastating & heartbreaking. :cry:
How old was she? She may have choked on the foods or fluid possibly.

Tracie
hello Tracie,
Lizarto was only three years old. she was a young citrus dragon with such a big personality. everyone loved her. :(
i miss her so much.
i appreciate the reply! thank you :(
i am glad she is in a better place now, and not in pain :(

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I am so sorry about Lizarto! I know what it's like to loose a pet - it really sucks. It gets easier with time, but I know nothing will completely fill the gap in your heart :(

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
JessPets":164gy0l7 said:
I am so sorry about Lizarto! I know what it's like to loose a pet - it really sucks. It gets easier with time, but I know nothing will completely fill the gap in your heart :(
it is the worse thing to lose, i know if i get myself another bearded dragon, i know its not going to be the same as my first. but i am glad lizarto is in a happy place and not suffering. i really appreciate the reply, it really helps me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom