Lizard room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Does any one else have their own lizard or reptile dedicated room? If so how did you decorate it?

I'm looking for some ideas as my house has a rather obsolete small room next to the bathroom. Can't use it as a bedroom as who wants to walk through someone room to get to the bath or shower? and can't use it as a study because of the humidity from the bathroom. So thinking of making it into a lizard room and looking for inspiration on how to decorate it.

Thanks

Corrine

PicosParent

Hatchling Member
My Dragons have their own room as well. It is a large room and I have their tanks in there and a tank I use for feeding the baby his crickets in. I have wicker furniture in the room and lots of live plants and natural things like rocks, shells etc for decoration. I have some cool ceramic lizards on the wall by their tanks. I have lots of fake vines and real rocks in their tanks and then real plants and more rocks outside them so it all ties together. The wicker furniture is natural colored and is a love seat, two chairs and a round glass top table, the glass top ties in with the tanks. Its a great place to sit and hold them and they can run around in there as the floors are wood with a poly covering. The walls have wall paper half way up that looks like wicker and a bamboo trim where the wall paper ends. I hope this helps give you some ideas. Have fun decorating!!!

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Don't worry it's not too high. Just I don't have an extractor fan in the bathroom so it get steamy after a shower and it's the room next to it. Oooo that sounds great do you have a picture?

scm133

Juvie Member
I had a fourth bedroom that i converted into my computer room 10 years ago. Then I added a 125 gallon fish tank with Oscars. Two years ago I added two racks of Leopard Geckos (11 leos total). I now have Hugo's 4x2x2 viv in there. House is air-conditioned, but I added a window unit to tweak the temps. I did notice high humidity with my 125 tank, so I added a portable humidifier, and keeping the humidity at 40%. Also, I have a roach colony in the closet, 10 gallon tank for crickets, and plastic bins for mealworms, supers, silkworms, and hornworms. My husband calls it my Zoo World!!!! :D

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha sounds like it. You should invite people in to watch them feed and charge :p

Corrine

scm133

Juvie Member
Beanie42":1urzmmgl said:
Haha sounds like it. You should invite people in to watch them feed and charge :p

Corrine
Would you believe that my 2 year old grand daughter in New York will FaceTime me every Sunday. She quickly states she loves me, and then asks to see all the critters, and bugs. She has already told people that Grandma has roaches, and dragons. LOL!! :shock:

PicosParent

Hatchling Member
Hey Beanie, a month later but heres a picture. I took it with my cell so the color is a little off :(
Also, the sun is shining thru the octagon window and creating some crazy light but...it'll hopefully give you some ideas...my Pico passed a couple days after posting about the room so I just hadn't really had the heart to take a picture of his old viv....but I love my new baby living in it so, I got it together and took the picture.
IMAG0891-1.jpg

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That looks awesome I'm so sorry to here of your loss.

the builders estimated "2 weeks" to finish the job is taking 4 weeks longer lol so still very open to new ideas.

Thank you very much for contributing. Hope the little on is settling in well

PicosParent

Hatchling Member
Thank you. I miss him daily!!! The other half of the room is all exercise equipment and my dressing table. The color is so "off" on that picture and it is hard to see the wall paper that goes half way up and has the bamboo chair rail. The new one is spoiled rotten just like his "brother/roommate"LOL
Have fun decorating and I hope your builder steps up the pace!!!! :)
Pam

wisegirl

I have been trying to let my parents turn one of the rooms in our house into a animal/reptile room for our snake, two bearded dragons and possibly for our cats and dog. :blob8: They haven't yet agreed, but I'm working on it. :D

Jess

Extreme Poster
My reptile room = My bedroom. :roll:

Dudley is in the biggest white cage, my leopard geckos are in the two Exo Terra stacked on Dud's viv, and on the double stand I have my clawed frog's 20 gallon aquarium, and my crested gecko's 29 gallon live planted tank-in-progress.
Plus the rabbit living in the closet. Oh, and don't forget the roaches in the blue storage tub!
DSC03333.jpg

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha looks great and thank you everyone for the input.
My main reason for a lizard room to allow them a little run around (obv not all together)
so I'm thinking about colours and designs for the walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom