Live plants in the enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich

Hatchling Member
Anyone know what types of plants could be placed in a large enclosure? I've heard Jade plants but those would be easily destroyed when climbed. I've also heard cactus are ok ... I don't want the dragon to get hurt if it clibs it though and not sure which one would be "safe" if eaten. Suggestions? How dangerous are fake plants? I wouldn't want it injesting a plastic leaf or anything.

mich

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
NVM found some, I'm new to the forum and took me a while to navigate around :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad you found what you were looking for. I couldn't help you because I wouldn't know what would work and I did hear of one beardie that had serious problems because he ate a plastic leaf. That was just one beardie, though, so I think anything a beardie might eat, other than the good food for them, needs to be watched carefully and taken out if they keep going at it.

Epic

Juvie Member
danorepliz":57767 said:
in case you found a different thread here's one I found on safe plants

viewtopic.php?p=826286

That link is more for safe plants to eat. I would just recommend soem fake plants. If you do use real ones, make sure they can eat the leaf, and stem just in case they do, and also watch the humidity.

mich

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Right now I have fakes ones only and tried to pick the "toughest" ones that wouldn't be easily come apart if they happened to be taste tested. Some other people have suggested aloe plants or jade, I may consider live plants later on when I build my adult enclosures, and if I do I'd like to create a way to sink the pots into the flooring so they won't constantly be tipped over. For ease of cleaning and watering I wouldn't plant them right in the enclosure, and for humidity reasons I'd like ones that require little water like aloe or none spike cactus of some sort. My dragons are still hatchlings and I don't want to create places for the crickets to hide out in so right now my viv is very basic looking :D I just thought live plants would look better but I've actually found quite a few fake ones that look pretty good. I do have a hygrometer but don't use it right now since humidity isn't a concern yet. If I do use real plants tho I will stick the hygrometer in for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom