little white worms in poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy01

Ive been trying to help my beardie as you can see from all my post once i fix one thing another pops up im waiting for a UVB tube so i took speedy outside to digest his food in the sun i got very fast results for the first time in a week he pooed it was kindy watery but not much when i looked at it i saw little white worms in his poo i ordered some crickets last week and i saw that they ship them with fruit fly worms but i didnt see any what could it be?

Lenewen

Juvie Member
Have you had him checked for parasites? It could be the worms that came with the crix or it would be a parasite of some sort. You should have a bit of his stool tested by a vet. Beardeddragon.co does it for $5 too, you just mail her the poop.

Speedy01

Original Poster
Ok thank you ill have to wait and see if i can im having to take him outside for a couple of hours a day so he can digest havent got my UVB getting it soon

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
It is likely to be a huge infestation of threadworm.
Easily treated - but crossinfectious! Wash your hands very well, you don't want worms. See your vet ASAP and think about getting some meds for yourself to be on the safe side.

Speedy01

Original Poster
Well... thats disturbing my mom would not like to hear that lol he chillin on my bed staring out the window...

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Like I say, just make sure to wash your hands.
It's very easy to treat in both humans and beardies, though the beardie meds taste horrible. (Human meds is just two tablets.)

I also recommend using a good probiotic such as Avipro, just to rebalance the gut bacteria after the meds - it can be a little tough on dragon tummies.

Speedy01

Original Poster
Okay thank you hopefully I can get him to the vet once i get a UVB and treat worms I will be done well then i got to build a bigger cage....

Speedy01

Original Poster
Right as I am waiting for him to poo so i can get a fecal test done he does and it is all orange it looks just like the shredded carrots i feed him i am waiting for my mom to buy some collard greens cucumbers and peppers for him since the carrots do things but this is the first time he has done this it looks undigested which since i have been taking him outside every day so he can digest i haven't got a uvb light yet, not yet today since it is still 68 outside but this is the 4th time he has pooed since yesterday which is probably a good thing given he hasn't gone in almost 2 weeks should i be worried i got his basking temp right its about 105 110 and he sits there all day except now he was glass dancing so i let him out
i have been trying to help him for the past week now this happens.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
It's probably the amount of carrot you're giving him. What protein is he getting? You need to get a good fluor tube in there soon - beardies need UV to survive.

Speedy01

Original Poster
Only protein he is getting is crickets he got about 10 this morning I just got done boiling and cooking everything in his cage due to worms i want to be safe should i get him some superworms?

Speedy01

Original Poster
Ok will do he just had his first normal poo in a while right now he is snuggling in my blanket so cute

Speedy01

Original Poster
he has been eating collard greens lately i also think he is half dumb lol he ran into my wall full speed :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom