Little white (mites?)

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
We never have standing stool in her cage I never let any food go bad inside enclosure. Routinely spray and wipe it down with soap but for some reason there are little tiny white might looking bugs I only see one every once in a while so they’re not like all over the place. I saw one a few days ago and I just noticed one crawling on her a few minutes ago what are they and what can I do? Thank you in advance

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
are they only in the enclosure? we have tiny little white bugs in our house in general, but have determined they are book mites/paper lice (per my exterminator cousin). the house was built in the 40's, is super damp, and i have over 1k books. literally look like little moving white dots, but i've never seen them in our enclosure. we just squish em.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I have a Zilla basking ramp, cool side has a plastic hide and then a grapevine in the middle I have since removed the wood grapevine because i thought they may be on that too. See that Grapevine came from a friend and I baked it for an hour and a half at 350° so I had no doubts that it was OK but I am now wondering myself if somehow some survive and that’s how I got those in there.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
are they only in the enclosure? we have tiny little white bugs in our house in general, but have determined they are book mites/paper lice (per my exterminator cousin). the house was built in the 40's, is super damp, and i have over 1k books. literally look like little moving white dots, but i've never seen them in our enclosure. we just squish em.
That’s interesting because our house is old and my wife has a lot of files and paper LOL but we have never noticed them anywhere else

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Could be, just keep up with the cleaning and they should die out after a while or go down to a negligible amount. Or they might have gotten lost looking for books and files. :giggle:

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Could be, just keep up with the cleaning and they should die out after a while or go down to a negligible amount. Or they might have gotten lost looking for books and files. :giggle:
😆 that’s clever. Thank you for the reassurance friend. I’m not to worried about it at this point. I look and don’t see any although they are very little, only those 2 times I’ve seen them. Doesn’t seem like an infestation at this point but I will continue to clean it more than usual for awhile gives me time to spend with her out of the enclosure anyway 😊

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
That’s interesting because our house is old and my wife has a lot of files and paper LOL but we have never noticed them anywhere else
are the files in the same room? our books are in another room from Sir Henry's enclosure, and we saw them before we ever got him, so i know anything related to him is not the cause. they've been around for years and we've never had any health issues/bites/etc that could be contributed to them. they like to eat mold too, so i always assumed they are not in his enclosure because the heat has it too dry for them. i wonder if you will start noticing them in other places now that you are aware of them? who knows... they could just be lost like AHBD said!

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I’m definitely open to all ideas. No she doesn’t have them near Frey’jas house but you never know I’ll be keeping my eye out now lol.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
I’m definitely open to all ideas. No she doesn’t have them near Frey’jas house but you never know I’ll be keeping my eye out now lol.
i'd say take a picture so we can compare, but what can ya tell off a pic of a moving white dot???!!!

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I will try to snap a pic of one next time these phones these days LOL I’m sure I can get an ok pic

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
my phone camera is horrible!!! but it is a prepaid. if you can get one i'll at least be able to say "yeah that's the same thing we have" or "no that's something completely different"

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom