Little Pheobe became a woman! so many questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There!

Honestly, before I got a beardie I researched the hell out of it, pages and pages of research and it seems nothing has prepared me for this adorable brat child. It seems everything I read about anything becomes void because she does the exact opposite than all the papers say, and this is no exception.

We must start our journey a few days ago, when after months of only pooping in the bath, Pheobe suddenly pooped in her cage again. It was a bit of a shock for me, but I assumed it had something to do with the fact that her basking light had burned out while I was at work and she was in like plus 25 for hours before I got home and had the chance to replace it, lower than she should have been for good digestion. So, I let it go, and in the continuing days she continued to poop in her cage, one time even spreading it around, she was covered in it when I got home and she had a nice bath and scrubbing after that. Then yesterday, the moment I placed her in her cage in the morning, she starts heading to one side and fighting with her reflection in the glass :shock: the last time she did that, she was a baby! and she did it for hours and hours and hours, by the time I got home from work five hours later, she was still doing it! well, I picked up some construction paper and I was going to cover that side of the glass the next day (today) until she settled down.

Then, we move to last night. I wake up at 1:30 in the morning too her wiggling on my chest like a maniac! (she sleeps with me at night). To say I was shocked was an understatement. So, I got up and placed her down on the carpet and she's running everywhere! wiggling her backside like crazy. I even considered taking her to a 24 hour vet (Nearest one is 3 hours away) I was in full blown panic, was she having a seizure?! was she dying?! and then, something caught my eye. I pick it up and a light bulb goes off. An egg? :shock: Pheobe laid an egg?! and then I realized what was happening. I was baffled :lol:

107439-8553934055.jpg

I got up and checked my bedsheets and found another one, realizing she hadn't just been laying eggs, she had been laying them on ME :lol: so, I grabbed a towel and placed it down in the corner of the room and put her on it, but she just kept running past the towel to her cage and rubbing her nose against the glass. So, I placed her in her cage like it seemed she wanted and she just went running back to that corner and fighting with her reflection again! she obviously wasn't comfortable in there, so I placed a blanket over her bed and placed her in there, hoping to give her some privacy, but all she did was claw at the blanket until she escaped back onto my chest, and then fell asleep again.

107439-962865698.jpg

Now, the next morning, I've given her some dusted super worms in hopes to get her calcium back up like the research says, I place her in her cage and she goes right back to fighting with herself and poops, it's solid and everything seems fine. I wasn't prepared for this, so I have no lay box and she doesn't look gravid, when I feel her stomach there aren't any lumps. But now, I take her out of her cage and she's literally running circles around me, I place her on my bed and she leaps off of it, running into walls and I'm just so confused and what looks like pacing. Isn't she supposed to be tired after laying a clutch? she's more active than she's ever been. and a clutch with only two eggs? aren't there supposed to be more than that? she's only ten months old and she hasn't been around another beardie since the pet store when she was a month old, let alone a male. But now she's running all over the place, hitting her nose on my walls and It looks like she's searching for something, but what? I'd love any advice for my next steps I can get

107439-6957751256.jpg

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would get her a lay box
LAYBOX
potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.
Karrie

DerangedLava

Original Poster
Update!

Well, I made Pheobe a lay box (A bin with play sand) and left her alone for a few hours
107439-6823358843.jpg

And just in Pheobe fashion, she didn't use it. After a few hours I just found her like this
107439-5651544961.jpg

So, we went to bed and shocking, in the blankets, Pheobe finally had the rest of her clutch
107439-2558271513.jpg

Now, instead of 2, her count is 25 :lol:
107439-7243632180.jpg

Long story short, all is Ok and I'm stuck with a bin of kid's play sand. Is play sand garbage or recycling? :lol:

saraho

Hatchling Member
How sweet that she sleeps with you! And that she considers your bed the safest place to have a clutch. You have an amazing relationship with your girl. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom