Little baby Fredrica....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Menolly07":3vvolj8z said:
Try putting a wash cloth on the bottom of the feeding tub, or reptile carpet if you have it. I had the same issue with Odahviing in her feeding tub. I use shelf liner in her viv bottom, so I lined her feeding box with it as well. Paper towels don't work great because they slide around really easily.

ok I will try that! thank you! ( dunno why I didn't think of that myself...)

I am in love with your dragon!!! Petsmart!? :O Theere's no waaayyyy!!!! Shoot, I may have to frequently check out mine then and see for myself! DANG she is SO stunning, She looks like one of those $200+ dragons! :D

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BabyBeardieDragon":1n9vac23 said:
I am in love with your dragon!!! Petsmart!? :O Theere's no waaayyyy!!!! Shoot, I may have to frequently check out mine then and see for myself! DANG she is SO stunning, She looks like one of those $200+ dragons! :D

yeh I couldnt believe it! we went back there yesterday and they had another stunning green one! (lighter then Fredrica tho)

Menolly07, I got a reptile carpet today and used it and it worked well.. she ran after the crickets very easily :D

I also weighed her- 28 grams today :D

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
She is so cute! I don't know what it is - I think all baby beardies are cute, but she's just... REALLY REALLY CUTE. :love5: :love5:

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Menolly07":2bprrask said:
Cool! I'm glad it worked. Does it seem like she's walking properly now, off her wrists and such?

yes she seemed better. A couple of times she had them backwards, but corrected them fairly quickly, and no problems with her back legs at all. Im so happy that its not anything too serious. :)

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Ok, cool. It was what I was picturing then. I know Odahviing was doing that too. She would flip her fronts, more her fingers then her wrists. She sort of walks like a gorilla when she has no traction. All her fingers get curled under.

bltkpo

Juvie Member
What a beauty! She's growing like a weed too. Man those baby faces sure hit ya hey? I would love another baby just for the face! Mind you, my girl managed to keep hers so maybe I'll be ok :p

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well heres a maybe stupid question- I got a powersun bulb for her ( I think my reptisun is old.. I don't remember when I bought it but im pretty sure its been more then 6 month) So anyway, I got a 100 watt powersun.. its 12 inches away from her as directed... but only warms up to 90* on her basking spot.... So I put her heat bulb back next to it so he has a spot thats 110*. Is that ok? Is she still getting enough UVB? I feel like I really should know this answer, but I cant seem to think atm.

In other news- she shed... she still is sooo beautiful :) will get pics up again soon :D

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Hrm... I don't use that bulb. I had such a tiny tank to start with that the only sizes the store had when I started out were massive and would have cooked Odahviing in my 20 gallon starter baby tank. I got into the bar type habit over the MVB and just haven't changed even in her massive tank.

Maybe you should try asking over on one of the Health or Enclosure sections? This seems like a question you may want to get its own thread, just to be safe.

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
update!!

So Fredrica is a Freddie.. but its so hard to switch from saying "she" to "he".

He also has some major issues with his legs which is unfortunate.. but at the same time he is eating great and still moves around in the way that he can... so hes just my handi-capable beardie.

the reason I havent updated recently is because I have moved and its taking a long time to finish. The new place is nicer.. on the first floor and so now I am able to take Freddie out in the sun when we get it :D He doesnt approve .. yet. There are lots of new noises and birds here and he is just not sure about it all. But the sun really brought out his colors!!

here are a couple of pics:

mms_picture-11.jpg

mms_picture-12.jpg

his diet is still the same- collard greens with squash every so often and then crickets.. although the last batch of crickets hasnt been great and so I think im going to get roaches again. I really hate the crickets and going out to buy them- especially now that I am an hour away from my reptile store. (which also sucks with my snakes that refuse to eat f/t.. grr). I weighed Freddie the other day- 109g! hes still small but isn't skinny by any means.

thanks for the replies and for looking :D

WyattEarp

Sorry to hear about Freddie's legs. But at least he's eating. I too have to go out to get crickets, and it's about 35 minutes. I don't order them online because I have no desire to have a Massive amount of crickets at any given time. So Wyatt gets "carry out" every few days :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom