Little baby Fredrica....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC

Hatchling Member
So a couple of weeks ago my boyfriend dragged me to petsmart to look at beardies... I was feeling down about my girl Sahara that I had to put down.. I wasnt 100% on getting another beardie at the time- but after we got to this one petsmart that had some of the more beautiful beardies I've see (at a petstore..) They were tiny, but I couldnt pass up the colors! So we got one... that my bf name Fredrica.....
She is in a 20 gallon tank right now- she's a whopping 9 grams!

DSC_3222.jpg

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
fredrica has grown! ( a whole 3 more grams :D) I took her out for a photo shoot the other day... she was being extra coopertive :D

DSC_3288.jpg

DSC_3284.jpg

she just shed.. I absolutly LOVE her coloring- !!
I've been learning a bit more about her... she doesnt like baths... or being picked up- but shes still so little, so thats not surprising. Her appetite is definetly growing (not salad wise tho -_-) She loves phoenix worms and the roaches. I tried to get her to eat a tiiiiny horn worm... she wasnt having none of that. Im going to try silk worms if I can get them at MA show this weekend.

I've been varying her salad a bit- today it was escarole and endive, yesterday escarole and squash.. but im not even sure she's been eating it- I've been giving her the salad in the morning and waiting for the roaches till at least noon or even later depending on if im free.. if anyone has other suggestions for what I can put in the salad that might peak her interest that would be great ( I have looked at the nutrition page on beautifuldragons . com )

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
She's adorable.. I found that yellow bell peppers seem to peak my beardies interest, well my males anyway. My 9 month old female likes red bell peppers, black berries, apples, and carrots. My 3 month old female is just starting to take an interest in salad, so far she likes kale and mustard greens.

-Kaleen

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My lil baby is growing like a weed! I weighed her a couple of days ago- 20 grams! and in shed again!! (I will get some pics tomorrow...she's currently trying to sleep.)

I think she started eating some salad.. not much, but better then nothing. I wasnt able to get any silk worms, but am planning on buying some online. She absolutly loves her roaches though. She gets super excited when ever I bring the roach tub in the room for her. Im having a harder time finding small enough roaches for her.. so I really need to get some phoenix worms for her to keep her happy.

Last week she bit me when I took her out- I think she was just not happy with my hand... and then again a few days later when I was putting her back in (dunno why that time... :roll: ) I try to keep her out a bit.. but get nervous when she tries to run. She's so tinyy and I have 2 cats that are big and scary ( for a 20g beardie :p) I cant wait till she gets bigger- she will have the run of this place.

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
here are a couple pics from today-

DSC_3314.jpg

DSC_3313.jpg

she got a bath today- not the happiest with me afterwards... and she was definitely happy to be put back in her home.

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Menolly07":10eq3k7u said:
She's stunning. Her colours and pattern are amazing.

thank you :) I cant wait to see how her color develops as she gets bigger :D

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Everytime I get a new notify in my email and come back and check I have to scroll up and look again. She really is a striking little lady. I think I'm kind of in lizard love! Like puppy love when somebody gets a super cute new addition but with a lizard.

I think it may be partly "my Baybee is growing up" syndrome... Baby beardies have such darling faces. They have amazing adult faces, but the baby face is so..... Baby? But Fredrica is just so pretty. Oh, and if you haven't seen him. You really should look for Kovu. He's a little like your darling girl in back colouration. The patterns are COMPLETELY different but the greens are so similar in shade.

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's shedding again ( or still... but her back this time- legs came off a couple of days ago). We started her back on crickets for a while because my roach colony doesn't have any babies that are small enough for her :(

I Have a question tho- Im a bit worried that she's not using her legs like she should. Sometimes it looks almost like she has MBD- she will walk/ rest on her front 'wrists' and doesn't always use her back legs- they are just splayed out on the side/ back.

DSCN4088.jpg

DSCN4090.jpg

DSCN4091.jpg

I tried to get pics, but she wasnt being all that cooperative. She doesnt seem to have a hard time moving around in her cage... but when I put her into the feeding tub then she's uncoordinated.. I know that it could be the plastic tub.. but if anyone else has any other ideas then that would be great.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Try putting a wash cloth on the bottom of the feeding tub, or reptile carpet if you have it. I had the same issue with Odahviing in her feeding tub. I use shelf liner in her viv bottom, so I lined her feeding box with it as well. Paper towels don't work great because they slide around really easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom