Lip rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
I was just curious what it was... My girl has what looks like the beginning of a shed on her lips and a bit of her nose, but I thought I'd ask if there was anything else it could be. Mostly because she's never shed just her lips/nose before... it's usually her whole head. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but if not I'd like to know what I'm dealing with.

Basically my question is what is it, how to treat it, and what causes it?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Matt,

Could you post a picture of the lip area for us, that would help out quite a bit. Thanks! :D
How long has it been looking this way?
Lip or mouth rot is a pretty nasty looking so you would definitely recognize it though. It normally doesn't occur unless there has been a substantial mouth injury of some sort that has gotten infected.

Tracie

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh, well it's definitely not that then. I just was concerned since she'd never shed just that part of her face before. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, she's getting bigger so she probably wouldn't be keeping her same shedding routine from when she was little.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Matt,

Well, if it is not horrible looking, like an infection, then it is most likely just a normal shed. If she is growing then it is to be expected right now, the shedding anyway. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom