Lion King Themed Enclosure! Finally FINISHED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
gonna build this over the summer!!! haven't decided if im adding a dig box or not...the pride rock looks good but the elephant graveyard and rakikis tree are quite pathetic looking but they will look good when done in sculture instead of digital design... and the sunset in the back ground will be a poster on the outside of a secret window so i can spy if needed.. and sliding doors up front... will NOT be using sand but the bottom will be textured and stuff... i will even try to substitute something for the dig box (if i add one) instead of sand i think.. so here is a lot of pics now!

32zp8py.jpg

312icyc.jpg

2i7934n.jpg

2jepv6a.jpg

2hgv2g5.jpg

5ma2kn.jpg

k0pae.jpg

5ma2kn.jpg

f266x0.jpg

1qiau1.jpg

otdhte.jpg

33wmjgo.jpg

2nbfz3q.jpg

25yy89f.jpg

33o3biu.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
This really is a great theme. I love how you modeled pride rock. It's eye catching and functional. This one will be fun to follow :D

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
If anyone would like to see it in a file (that has downloaded google sketchup 8) then PM your email and i will email you the file.. i will also upload some more pics because i changed and add A LOT even though i thought i was pretty much finished.. i still have to add plants and stuff for climbing and thoughout all this i forgot about adding in my heat keeping hammock so first i need to find a fabric that will fit the theme and find the best place for the hammock... prolly in the corner behind pride rock... but yeah.. i also redid rafiki's tree and it looks even worse but its just a picture and the real deal hopefully looks like the one from the movie! ok now i gotta go take pics up it before i completely change it again!

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Newest update... i did a lot... i built Rafiki's tree (looks quite into the side of the tank so you can see inside when not covered up (i gotta design a cover still).. i added a log that represents the log simba grows up on while crossing.. and made the substrate be reptile carpet on the hot side (pride lands) and tile on the cool side (shadow lands)... i added another ledge on the hot side and vents on both sides (large vent on the cool side) and made numerous ledges for climbing on the cool side to mimic bones sticking out of canyon walls.. (since its the elephant graveyard).. i will have the food dishes on the cool side as well and i will be adding strips of reptile carpet to pride rock, the ledges, rafiki's tree, the rock the holds the other side of the log.. and even a little to the walls so it will give texture for climbing.. i also added in the hammock in the back corner of the pride lands... so here are some updates!!

6qeb0i.jpg

2quq2de.jpg

3088ck7.jpg

8yi9mu.jpg

54ivdl.jpg

n5rebk.jpg

2zgrwd4.jpg

2zyv042.jpg

6za90x.jpg

29uorat.jpg

ddt7c.jpg

28me1bb.jpg

f0uiu.jpg

34iofeo.jpg

2hhewia.jpg

5ezjw1.jpg

257dqi0.jpg

14jp1nc.jpg

33lguo2.jpg

e8nwjp.jpg

317h641.jpg

2ykxbwn.jpg

34glv6f.jpg

2repmck.jpg

168vgus.jpg

30rw6u1.jpg

1h6udd.jpg

35byvif.jpg

50m8ls.jpg

34e6sdf.jpg

11bui5s.jpg

2ztdbq1.jpg

315dhs7.jpg

34pdfo9.jpg

mvja6t.jpg

6nur81.jpg

208a91v.jpg

hsuc0n.jpg

33leg0k.jpg

6h5cle.jpg

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
starting to think i am pretty much done designing.. i don't know what i'll end up adding next but at the moment i am pleased with how it is. so i will be getting supplies and plans together to have ready for the actual project! so excited!!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Have you thought about a Wilder beast? Maybe just a silhouette along the back wall? Just an idea :wink:

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well i did think about silhouettes but i decided that since everything will be miniature size to fit kovu's growing size perfectly, i am keeping other animal figures out of the set up to keep in within the miniture set up but i will be adding foliage and such to the pride lands and walls and ledges to bring the "jungle" scenes into the set.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! i love this concept of movie themes... i even think that a theme like star wars, spongebob, flintstones, peter pan, lilo and stitch, smurfs,UP, Ice age, how to train your dragon, harry potter, lord or the rings, Avatar(would be REALLY cool), hercules.... theres a lot of old movies that would make great themes!!!! and Journey to the center of the earth (which i am watching at this very moment) has some great scenery so that would b great!!!!!

I can't wait to get this started and can't wait to get him moved into it. it looks great in the design and it will look ten times better after it is made!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom