Lily UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilleigh

Hi everyone! Just wanted to give an update on Lily and make sure I'm doing everything I should. Lily seems to be doing pretty well. She is much more active now. She's not nearly as lethargic as she was at first. Sometimes I don't think she is eating as much as she should though. She eats only a small amount of her salad (spring greens, kale, squash, few rasberries; she doesn't really like the squash though.) Salad is dusted with repcal. I can get her to eat about 3 cc's of chicken/veg baby food and only about 3cc's of the reptaid every day. I'm not ready to attempt live feeders since she hasn't had any in years. She isn't gaining any weight, though doesn't seem to be losing. I got an mvb. I went ith the powersun; all I could get quickly. She also has a 100w household to boost the daytime temps. Temps are about 80 on cool side and 102 on basking side. She can now get up to bask on top of her fake log and bask. She couldn't climb up before and had to bask on a low rock. I moved her mvb over the log now instead of her rock. She gets bathed once a day for about 20 mins and loves it, even though she had never been bathed before. She loves to wrap up ina towel and sleep on my lap after her bath. She poops once every day and to start with it was a little runny but gets better every day. I'm sure she is still a little stressed from all of the changes. She now sleeps on a tea towel that I folded up for her in to a little bed and she loves that. She is so lovely and I care about her so much. I just want to know that I am doing everything I can for her. Oh yeah, she's off sand and on paper towels. I hope I'm doing okay. Let me know if anyone has any more ideas. Thank you!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like you are doing fine. I know how worried you can get at first. Just relax, you will do fine. She knows she is loved now and that is making the most difference! :love10: :love10:
Good idea to wait on feeders a bit. Start her on something easy when you are ready, like phoenix worms or one of the other soft bodied worms. PWs are great. Glad she likes her bath. Does she swim yet? They look like little alligators when they do. :D Has she blown herself up like a balloon yet? They can in flate and float. Bogie loves to puff himself up and float all over the deep end of the tub. It is so funny to watch!

BTW, if you just update one thread those of us following Lilly's story don't have to hunt for updates. We get a notice every time a message is put on the thread. Just a thought. :D

Sandy H

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Have you tryed giving her cilantro? Bogie looooves cilantro. If you trim the stems and put it in a cup of water in the fridge it lasts forever (sorta) :D

Sandy h

gilleigh

Original Poster
She doesn't swim in her bath yet. She just sits up on the towels that I put in for her. Sometime she does drink a little though. A friend of mine that was with me when I brought her home came by and saw her and said she is definitely gaining weight. It's hard to tell when you look at them so much. I was at work yesterday afternoon but my husband was home and said she ran laps all afternoon. By the time I got home she was soooo tired. She fell asleep with all lights and the tv on. She could barely stay awake for he bath. It was so cute.

CoopersGrandma

Juvie Member
hooray for you and lily!! :blob5: :blob8: sounds like she and you are doing so great together . picturing her falling asleep with the t.v. and lights on , sounds like me last night . :lol:

gilleigh

Original Poster
So Lily is doing pretty well with all the new things. Mostly she is pretty normal but I'm having a few small issues/worries. I have been feeding her chicken/veg baby food and reptaid from the syringe. Usually about 3cc's of one or the other each day. Most of the time I can't get her to eat that much though. While eating she will freak out and tense up. She curls herself up and sometimes even goes on her back. She will be fine after a few seconds. I'm very careful about how I'm feeding her. Only small drops placed on her nose and let her lick them off. I read on another thread that being dehydrated could give her problems swallowing and I know that she is still dehydrated. I'm giving her daily baths and she doesn't drink in the bath except for the very first time I bathed her. She will not drink from a syringe at all. Maybe she doesn't like what I'm feeding her? She shows no breathing problems but spends time opening her mouth a bit and swallowing after she eats. Should I feed her less at a time? I always stop if she gets stressed. She's not eating very much of her salad either. She is still getting stronger though and stands up on all fours and moves around a lot. I'm just worried! She basks normally and sleeps well at night. Thank you for any ideas!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Is she still eating her salad? She has had so little to eat for so long, perhaps what she is getting is more than she is used to. When she starts to tense at feeding time, just let her go and try later. I know it's time consuming, but it may be what she needs. Yes, she could just not like the food. Try sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, peas. You can buy the itty bitty jars in case she doesn't go for a flavor.
If she still seems dehydrated, give her a second bath later in the day. You said she likes her bath, she will think it is an extra treat! :D
Good luck-

Sandy H

gilleigh

Original Poster
Sorry ...posted those wrong

URL=http://s425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/gilleigh/?action=view&current=IMG00011.jpg]
th_IMG00011.jpg
[/URL]

gilleigh

Original Poster
She gets better every day. She's very active now. She's eating pretty well now and is definately gaining some weight. We've got a good routine now and she's settled in nicely. I want to thank everyone here for all of your help and kind words. I'm sure I'll need you all again and I'll keep everyone updated on her progress often. More pics soon!

CoopersGrandma

Juvie Member
thanks for sharing the update on lily , so glad to hear or read that she is doing well and settled in and active . looking forward to seeing new pictures of her when you can , and yes please do keep us posted on how she is doing from time to time .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom