Lilly and Lyla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my new baby today! She has done great so far. Other than a dark belly she has shown no signs of relocation stress. At 6 months and 104 gm, she ate a meal that would have rivaled my boyfriends 10 month old, 314 gm dragon. She had hornworms, butterworms, and crickets. We actually had to cut her off on cricket because I stupidly bought some that were way to big (we picked out the littlest ones). I have already taken several pictures so I just have to share. I will be updating this post periodically with more pictures and stories. (I have to add my funny cricket story here. Yesterday I went to feeder's supply to get crickets because I won't be able to get bulk until monday. A girl in her 20s or so was helping me. She had jeans on with torn knees. As she was almost done with my crickets she says "Oh my gosh". "What?" I asked. "A cricket just crawled into my pants." She hurried off to go take care of it and another worker came to finish my cricket order. I found it hilarious).
On to pictures:
Basking
DSC_0758.jpg

Setup
DSC_0759.jpg

Close-up
DSC_0757.jpg

Mommy tried to get a picture of me as a burrito but wasn't fast enough
DSC_0755.jpg

One more basking shot
DSC_0756.jpg

Would have been a great bath pic if mommy paid attention to the focus
DSC_0754.jpg

Whole body bath shot
DSC_0753.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Sara

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I just got home from work. I am sorry Sara. I understand how you feel. 95 is a good age but it's still hurts and it's always too soon, no matter how old they are.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Gina, for letting everyone know.

Grandpa did have a good long life. It is so hard to believe he is gone though. I have been going through pictures today, he has been such a big part of my life for so long. He put me through school, took me to Africa, Hawaii, and on numerous trips to Florida. I knew the man laying in the bed at the rehab center was not long for the world and I am so glad that he is no longer suffering, but gosh it's hard to realize my grandpa is really and truly and forever gone.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I understand that completely, Sara. My father died of pancreatic cancer more than 6.5 years ago and he got to the point that, tho I didn't want him to die, I wanted him out of pain.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
just checkin on ya, sis... BTW I felt the same way when my gram went, I had to be the one to stand fast and make sure her DNR orders were followed. I soooo didn't want to say goodbye, but I couldn't bear to see her suffer after her final stroke.

Love & hugs, hope you're getting to the point where the hurt is fading a little, and the memories are making you smile :love5:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, no -- please give her a huge hug from my crew, with much love, she is such a love!!! I know she is old and has been suffering pain, and I know this will be very hard... oh, dang, I'm off to cry...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh Sara, I'm so sorry that you have to do this. Give Abby a big hug from me & mine, too. Love to you & your family, it's always hard to make such decisions. ;/
09i/ l
pThat was Rubio's contribution
Deb

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Very quick update. More of a bump because I don't want to lose this thread. Both beardies are doing great. Lyla is destined to be a small beardie, but she is beautiful and a great eater. Jackie is still as spoiled as ever. We have a new addition in the house. Baxter is a 3 month old Australian Shepard mix. He and Jackie love to wrestle and play tug-of-war. I am still teaching at the high school and just started masters classes this week. Since that wasn't enough, I decided to start my own Thirty-One business. If anyone is interested in doing a catalog/ online party let me know! Www.mythirtyone.com/178048.
Hope everyone is well.
Sara

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
OK, now that this thread is unlocked, I expect some posts for the next week. Got it, missy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom