Lilly and Lyla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my new baby today! She has done great so far. Other than a dark belly she has shown no signs of relocation stress. At 6 months and 104 gm, she ate a meal that would have rivaled my boyfriends 10 month old, 314 gm dragon. She had hornworms, butterworms, and crickets. We actually had to cut her off on cricket because I stupidly bought some that were way to big (we picked out the littlest ones). I have already taken several pictures so I just have to share. I will be updating this post periodically with more pictures and stories. (I have to add my funny cricket story here. Yesterday I went to feeder's supply to get crickets because I won't be able to get bulk until monday. A girl in her 20s or so was helping me. She had jeans on with torn knees. As she was almost done with my crickets she says "Oh my gosh". "What?" I asked. "A cricket just crawled into my pants." She hurried off to go take care of it and another worker came to finish my cricket order. I found it hilarious).
On to pictures:
Basking
DSC_0758.jpg

Setup
DSC_0759.jpg

Close-up
DSC_0757.jpg

Mommy tried to get a picture of me as a burrito but wasn't fast enough
DSC_0755.jpg

One more basking shot
DSC_0756.jpg

Would have been a great bath pic if mommy paid attention to the focus
DSC_0754.jpg

Whole body bath shot
DSC_0753.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Sara

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She's coloured like Didi & she's so BIG compared to the earlier photo. She's growing like a weed :D Maybe she'll develop yellow polka dots on her tummy like Didi has. I'll have to find out if he had them when he was Lyla's age. Wouldn't that be cute?

She's a real doll, you must have a ball with her. How's Lilly with Lyla now, is she still territorial? I love your beardies! I really love Lilly's beautiful beard, it's so colourful!

Hope you had a great Christmas & that 2012 will be a great year for you & yours!
Deb, Leo, Lonzo, Rubio and Didi

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hello all :wave:
Things have been hectic lately (when are they not). My new job is keeping my quite busy. My grandfather also has end-stage lymphoma. Lilly can't decide if she is brumating or not. If it is sunny, she is constantly clawing the edges of her tank until I get her out and set her by the window. If I set her on the floor, she runs straight over to the table she likes to sit on. She isn't even eating very much, she just wants to watch the goings-on of the outside world.
Lilly is definitely the dominant dragon. One day Lyla gave her an itty bitty baby-head bob and Lilly responded with these enormous head-bobs. I have never seen Lilly do that! Ly immediately ran to my shoulder so I could save her where she preceded to wave at Lilly.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They're just so funny, poor Lyla just trying to be friends & Lilly bobbing at her. Hopefully one day Lilly will realize that Lyla just wants to be friends!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Nice to hear from you Sara, I'm sorry that your grandfather is so ill, I'll say a little prayer, it's nice to hear that Lilly and Lyla are doing well, glad your there to protect Lyla from fierce Lilly :wink: ............aren't they funny to watch?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Sara, I'm sorry to read about your grandpa. It's always hard to deal with, same with Roger last year. Sending prayers to you & yours.
Deb

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He is nearly 95 so we knew that his time was limited. Watching his change in personality and confusion is the hard part. He had always been very involved in our lives and with world events. He is one of the most brilliant men I have ever met, so it is hard to see him lose all tht and know he is losing it .

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I"m really sorry to hear that about your grandfather, but 95 is such a great age, to live that long with all facuties in good shape is awesome. As long as you have good memories, it won't make it up, but it will help.
Hugs
Deb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
95? :shock:
Not bad grampa! :)

Sara he's had a full life baby...be happy of that even if it's not a happy time. :love5:

Hugs & Prayers Sara!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Oh yeah, I know he has had a long, full life and he knows that as well. Seeing him suffering at the end is what is truly difficult.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Sara, you're right, watching them go downhill and giving up is very heartbreaking. Hugs to you, thinking about you and your family.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Oh, Sara... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm so sorry about this sad news. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thank-you for letting us know Gina.

sympathy-1.gif

condolences206.jpg

My deepest heart filled condolences to you an your family Sara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom