Lilly and Lyla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my new baby today! She has done great so far. Other than a dark belly she has shown no signs of relocation stress. At 6 months and 104 gm, she ate a meal that would have rivaled my boyfriends 10 month old, 314 gm dragon. She had hornworms, butterworms, and crickets. We actually had to cut her off on cricket because I stupidly bought some that were way to big (we picked out the littlest ones). I have already taken several pictures so I just have to share. I will be updating this post periodically with more pictures and stories. (I have to add my funny cricket story here. Yesterday I went to feeder's supply to get crickets because I won't be able to get bulk until monday. A girl in her 20s or so was helping me. She had jeans on with torn knees. As she was almost done with my crickets she says "Oh my gosh". "What?" I asked. "A cricket just crawled into my pants." She hurried off to go take care of it and another worker came to finish my cricket order. I found it hilarious).
On to pictures:
Basking
DSC_0758.jpg

Setup
DSC_0759.jpg

Close-up
DSC_0757.jpg

Mommy tried to get a picture of me as a burrito but wasn't fast enough
DSC_0755.jpg

One more basking shot
DSC_0756.jpg

Would have been a great bath pic if mommy paid attention to the focus
DSC_0754.jpg

Whole body bath shot
DSC_0753.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Sara

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh Sara, I can just picture Lilly taking a chomp out of that milk biscuit and spitting it and & trying again :mrgreen: She is so funny. Our bunch go thru inactivity, too, except Rubio, he's always trying to climb up or escape from something. He never stops for long. Leo's the same way, most of the time. Lonzo's older, he has longer rest times but he's still pretty active. Just the head bobbing they all do probably uses up calories

Lilly is such a cute and I just love her colours. You tell her she's right to tell your dogs that SHE'S THE BOSS and they better not forget it, too funny. What a great personality she has & so fiesty! :D :D

HUGS
Deb

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Hey Sara. I also find the dynamic betwn/the beardies and the dogs interesting. Our lab is very skittish of the dragons and when they are on the move, she will give them a wide berth, keeping an eye on them closely, and then scratch the door to get outside! The dragons really seem to like Bella but she prefers distance from them. Princess crawled right up on Bella's side today as she was napping. Scared Bella half to death but she stayed still and looked at me like "Please help me." The dragons don't go near my bassett hound as much. He couldn't care less about them. He rarely pays any attention to them but he spends all day outside.

I'm a little nervous about Princess laying infertile eggs but I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Tomorrow I am going to take Princess and Gizmo out in the yard for the first time. I will post pics!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
We did go to the art fair but I didn't take any pictures of her there. I'll do my best to get pictures of her soon!

fez09

Extreme Poster
HA!! Sara, my baby is currently in your neck of the woods, Louisville KY!!! He'll be here in the morning!!!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
vickson420":2shd0ned said:
spurlee01":2shd0ned said:
Photobucket is not letting me upload photos at all :banghead: . Soooo frustrating.
Might be easier if you get out of the pool :wink:

You're just jealous!

fez09":2shd0ned said:
HA!! Sara, my baby is currently in your neck of the woods, Louisville KY!!! He'll be here in the morning!!!

Woohoo! New baby!! Seems like most of them do come through Louisville. Too bad I can't go peek in on the babies!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well I haven't had any luck with photobucket but here's some to tide you all over. Lilly and I went to teach a reptile and amphibians class at a boy scout camp and here are some of the pictures from it.

Edit- haha I suppose it would help if I put the link. http://bsatroop1.us/gallery85.htm

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
And you were making fun of me for "missing" things!

Funny how the flag completed covered you in the one pic :laughing6:

I had major troubles with PB last night too. Was only able to upload a few pics of Buddy.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I would be happy with just a few, I cannot upload ANY :(

ETA- a line from one of my favorite songs... "Life's more painless for the brainless!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom