Lilly and Lyla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my new baby today! She has done great so far. Other than a dark belly she has shown no signs of relocation stress. At 6 months and 104 gm, she ate a meal that would have rivaled my boyfriends 10 month old, 314 gm dragon. She had hornworms, butterworms, and crickets. We actually had to cut her off on cricket because I stupidly bought some that were way to big (we picked out the littlest ones). I have already taken several pictures so I just have to share. I will be updating this post periodically with more pictures and stories. (I have to add my funny cricket story here. Yesterday I went to feeder's supply to get crickets because I won't be able to get bulk until monday. A girl in her 20s or so was helping me. She had jeans on with torn knees. As she was almost done with my crickets she says "Oh my gosh". "What?" I asked. "A cricket just crawled into my pants." She hurried off to go take care of it and another worker came to finish my cricket order. I found it hilarious).
On to pictures:
Basking
DSC_0758.jpg

Setup
DSC_0759.jpg

Close-up
DSC_0757.jpg

Mommy tried to get a picture of me as a burrito but wasn't fast enough
DSC_0755.jpg

One more basking shot
DSC_0756.jpg

Would have been a great bath pic if mommy paid attention to the focus
DSC_0754.jpg

Whole body bath shot
DSC_0753.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Sara

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hi Dawn! I'm all done, have been for about a week (thank God!!!). So I've decided to treat Lilly like she's not gravid, I think we must have just been seeing egg follicles all along. So the sand is coming out either today or tomorrow. The one thing that is a bit odd is she has a voracious appetite right now. She'll be 18 months old at the end of the month and I know *should* be switching to an adult diet, but she still seems so hungry all the time. I have a pink hair brush with pink ends on it and this morning she tried to eat the ends off my hair brush :shock: . That's a new one lol. We've also had to have discussion about green extension cords NOT being giant hornworms and mommy's hair not being food lol. She cracks me up, brings so much joy to my life!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I say if she's that hungry... let her eat! She's not overweight, just a healthy girl with a healthy appetite!
Glad to hear you are all done with finals. I'm sure that is a big load off your shoulders. More time for drinking now! :blob8: :wink:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Lol Dawn would you believe I have not been seriously drunk a single time since I turned 21?? Uhhh I mean a single time ever. This is pathetic lol. And I am letting her eat what she wants, with the exception of hair brushes, power cords, and mommy's hair.

MissT

BD.org Addict
spurlee01":1yy9vw0k said:
We've also had to have discussion about green extension cords NOT being giant hornworms and mommy's hair not being food lol.
When Kazi wouldnt eat actual salad or live food, he took a great liking to eating my pink t-shirts and dust from the floor!! I have several pink t-shirts with small Kazi teeth-mark holes in them now!!

Phoebe is 18 months now too and should be on an adult diet - she is hungry 24/7 but I switched her to the same feeding as Kazi about 2 months ago because she has a rather fat belly! Shes got used to it now... although, she tries to eat just about everything that dares to enter her viv including her tree, my engagement ring and even the cable holding her uv in place!!

Thats great that your finals are over - does this mean your qualified to do what you do now?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
T, unfortunately I've still got another year. I start student teaching in August. I am actually going to meet the teacher today, which means I need to get off my lazy bum and get dressed lol. Honestly, my gut is very much telling me not to try to switch her to an adult diet yet. She eats her salads really well but still seems to need the protein. I feel like she'll switch when her bodies ready. I've talked to several others who feel this way. She has definitely filled out, but is by no means fat. I weighed her and she's at 513 grams and 20" so for now I'll just let her eat what she wants. Except for the above mentioned and now the tassels on the blankets :roll:

MissT

BD.org Addict
And add in t-shirts and anything sparkly lol!!

Phoebe is different tho - she has one fat belly!!!! I really didnt have much choice but to try to cut her down and despite her diet, she is still growing in length and weight (shes smaller than lilly tho - 17inches and 510grams and all of that weight is in her belly)!! Only you can really decide whats best for her - like when Kazi got sick, I let him eat what he wanted because I felt that he needed the protein just as much as everything else!!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Oh yeah, T, I'm not questioning your decision at all, just trying to explain I've got mother's intuition on this one and don't think I should cut her down yet.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Haha, I know, Sara!!!

You have to do a years teacher training? That will be fun!!! My longest actual teaching practice was only 6 weeks!!! Then I spent a year doing supply work where I forgot just about everything about planning and preparation etc and next thing, im thrown into a class of crazy 8 year olds and expected to know what to do for a whole year!!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
We actually do a semester, I'll be in a special education resource room for about 9 weeks and then a regular ed class. Then January-April I'll spend finishing up gen eds and an education class or two then off to teaching! Can't believe it's getting so close!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
So how did she do with the supers?
While I agree you want to let her eat you are going to have to start cutting back on the protien soon but she may just not be quite ready yet.What you might want to do is edge of just a wee bit and give her more salad and see if it starts balancing out.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
She LOVED the supers. I let her have 5 then told her that was it for the day. She got salad too, but no roaches. I don't think she's terribly happy but she'll live :D .

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok good.It is best not to let her have too many at once especially since she is just starting out on them.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Now when I told her gramma Vicky said she couldn't have any more she gave me a "look" that expressed a few choice words. So beware when you open your mail, she might send a roach to ya or somethin lol. Oh what am I sayin, Lil wouldn't waste a roach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom