Lil one not eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanie42

Juvie Member
I have a lil one that doesnt seem interested in live food at all he just seems stressed and tried to run out the feeding bowl.

He's still eating as i give him chicken baby food, but obv i'd prefer he was on live food. Taking him to the vet on thursday as he seems abit unbalanced and not quite right too.

Any one have any suggestions?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
How old is he? If he is a newborn, it can take up to 2 weeks for them to eat live feeders! What type of lights do you have on him and is he on any substrate?

In addition to twobeardieguy's valid questions - what type(s) of live food? I've seen young beardies 'freak' over crickets but will eat a slower moving (less scary) Phoenix Worm.

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's on reptisun 10.0 i do believe and paper substrate and yea he's a newborn just all the others are eating so im worried. Im feeding him baby food and veg which he dont seem to mind. Currently got them all on small crickets as i've heard bad things about feeding lil ones worms.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
With guys that young you want to stay away from meal worms/super worms.
Phoenix and silkies (correct me if I'm wrong on the silkies) are fine though.
And wax worms should be thought of as a treat.

Do you have him on any calcium dust? You can mix that in with the baby food.

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hmmm maybe i should try that then. thanks for the advice guys ill let u know what the vet says on thursday

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well i been to the vets on the lil one not eating she sed its normal for them to freak and to try feeding him on his own in his own cage see if that helps.

However some of the others wernt so lucky one has got balancing issues and she says it could be developmental or it could be a parasite in his brain so he's on meds for 3 weeks.

The worst off though is my lil Jess again :(. She got a lump again sept this time its much much bigger, it could be a number of things one could be a cist another could be cancer and she says the only way to tell is surgery..but thats very risky with lizards. So now i must chose to either busy my head in the sand and hope its ok or take her for an operation that could either kill or save her.

Omnomnami

Hatchling Member
How are they doing? Have you decided on the operation? Don't stress too much, just follow your senses and try to make the right choice.

Please keep us updated, I'll be here waiting on the results.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom