Likes to dig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
My almost 11 month old beardie lately loves to dig, I know he's a male it's VERY apparent lol, he only does it right before bedtime and sometimes in the bath. What can i put in his cage that's clean but allows him to dig and get nice and comfy? I don't want to give him dirt because I like to let him out of his cage every day and the dirt would get under his nails and get everywhere. But i've given him a blanket before and he doesn't dig or get comfy on it so im not sure what i can give him to let him dig and explore a little.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like to use fleece blankets in the tank for them to burrow. Strips of fleece scraps as mentioned will work as well. Just something soft and easy to clean for burrowing down.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So would a fleece blanket in his tank bunched up work? I think he just wants something more comfortable to sleep in. I'll get a fleece blanket later today while I'm out and see how he likes it. Lately he's been a picky beardie with a lot of things lol

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He doesn't seem to really like the fleece or try to dig in it, I know loose substrate like sand is usually a big no but what about ReptiBark? I saw it at Petsmart the other day and wondered if it would be okay. He doesn't eat live food off his floor, he eats his roaches out of a big ceramic bowl so it wouldn't be a risk of him eating it. Would this be safe?

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
There are a lot of myths about using sand. Its not good to use for babies, perfectly fine for juviniles and adults. The only thing is you have to sift it every day and people worry it will hold bacteria...which it might. But sand is so cheap you can change it frequently.
Your dragon may be amped up if he's breeding age. May be digging to get out trying to find a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom