likes natural sun but not basking light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuskugee

Hatchling Member
My beardy is about 3 years old. He always hides all day long so I blocked his cave. Now he sits in the shade. He won't bask or poop in his cage. When he goes outside, he loves it. He will poop in the grass outside and the sink. Please I need some help. Thanks.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
I know my 10 year old prefers his basking spot about 98*.
Maybe try playing around with your temps a few degrees to see if he starts basking at a certain temp?
not sure if this will change anything but just a suggestion..

Kalyn

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Indoor house light.
But just because it works for me doesn't necessarily mean it will for you. It depends on temperatures of your house, your fixture, the size of the tank, the temp in the tank, how close the basking spot is. You really just have to experiment until you find what works.

-Brandon

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
claudiusx":trv60sq4 said:
Indoor house light.
But just because it works for me doesn't necessarily mean it will for you. It depends on temperatures of your house, your fixture, the size of the tank, the temp in the tank, how close the basking spot is. You really just have to experiment until you find what works.

-Brandon

Agreed. It took a few days but finally I found a basking temp he likes.

Kalyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom