Lights off for brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
I'm fairly sure Miss Buddy is in brumation. She seems healthy overall. She basically seems healthy overall. She just refuses to really bask or eat. She seems bright eyed and healthy. Should I turn her lights off? I've heard of people doing that.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
I never turned the lights off for Suki when she was in brumation, my thought being out in the wild the sun still rises and sets. But I did follow seasonal lighting, so in the winter the lights were on less, about 10 hours.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I've always turned mine off....in the wild they'd be in a fairly deep cave/crevice with minimal light but many owners still have success with lights on as Suki does. I think they do go into a deeper sleep with lights out though and less heat as well .

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She is just at a year, maybe older. She has been acting like this ever since the beginning of August. Yesterday she ate some salad and basked for the first time. She hasn't pooped yet. I think I'll keep her lights on.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, definitely keep her lights on especially since she is eating and hasn't pooped yet. If she was sleeping continually then thinking about turning the lights off should be considered although I never have as mine haven't ever completely brumated for months like some do. Mine only semi-brumate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom