Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my dragons setup, I have a 100 watt basking light and a 100 watt ceramic heater on the top of the cover of the cage, and then on the inside I have a Zoomed reptisun 10.0 UVB TUBE. So would the UVB be better inside, like it is now, or outside. It currently is on a fluorescent fixture from loews. And is this too much lighting? Because I've been looking at other people setups, and they dont have three fixtures like mine. HELP!!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
The UVB needs to be inside the cage, as you have it. If there is a plastic cover over the bulb, please remove it. Situate it closer to the warm side, and place the basking bulb adjacent to it. Your beardie should be able to get about 6-8 inches from the UVB. That should be the basking spot, and you should make the basking temp 105-110 for a baby, 95-103 for an adult (18 months). Save the ceramic heat emitter for when night time temps in the tank drop below 65, or when he's sick and needs the overnight temps bumped up a bit.

Wesleysmith993

Original Poster
Theres no cover on it right now. My beardie is like an inch away from it because he climbs one of the trees and lays between that and the thermometer. And almost every night I put the ceramic one on to keep it warm. THank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom