Lighting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
I have had my baby beardie about a week, and the hood for my 24 inch reptisun 10.0 bulb is supposed to arrive today. (I have had him on an 18 inch reptiglow because that was all I could put my hands on immediately). My reptisun is NOT the high output, but the regular T8 bulb. I ordered the Zilla slimline hood to put it in. My question is; Can I put it on top of the screen lid or do I have to mount it inside? I have a 40 gallon breeder tank with this lid:
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/imagitarium-50-gallon-terrarium-screen
I have a large piece of grapewood as a basking spot and he can get pretty close to the light, even with it on top of the screen.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got this figured out. Unbeknownst to me, the 24” Zilla hood only holds an 18 inch bulb. This info was nowhere in anything I read. It is going back. I bought a $9 24 inch black light fixture at Walmart, swapped the bulb for th reptisun 10.0, and zip tied it to the inside of the screen top, problem solved!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Does the fixture you picked up have a reflector? If not, I would get a T8 reflector for it to concentrate all of the light downward. With a reflector it will provide the best output at about 6-8'' above the basking area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom