Lighting Help for Newbies (:

angrif

Yeah the probe pretty much stays wrapped around that log so it's always reading. 105-110 is standard. it's 108 right now. Last night he slept ON the wire running from the probe out of the tank... arms hanging to the sides like a fat cat might sleep...

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
:lol: They sure can sleep in some weird positions, can't they? Were you able to get a picture of that to share?

Great on the temps.

angrif

No it was on the way to work at 4am. I just used my phone to shed enough light to see where he was sleeping. I didn't want to disturb him by turning on enough lights to get a pic.

SargeUSMC

Hatchling Member
I read hereabouts that if using reptisun 10 then vitamin D3 needs to be supplemented. If using uvb mvb then D3 isn't needed.

True or false?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
SargeUSMC":1prcu4uz said:
I read hereabouts that if using reptisun 10 then vitamin D3 needs to be supplemented. If using uvb mvb then D3 isn't needed.

True or false?
That's very true since the MVB's produce their own D3.

SargeUSMC

Hatchling Member
what's this?? a light bulb that produces vitamins?!?!?! I don't think that's correct......The dragon's skin produces D3 as it absorbs UVB........a light bulb produces light.........

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is what Diane meant.
Mvbs are more powerful, therefor allowing the dragon to create its own D3.

-Brandon

Slippers

I am slowly building my new VIV and am buying things little by little. Is this bulb OK for the COOL side just to add some light?
It's a 40 watt daylight compact florescent. All I am looking for is added light for the inside.

CoolsideLamp.jpg

Slippers

Thanks for the link. I remember seeing it at one time but I couldn't remember where it was to get back there.
The one I posted are actually 5000k so I am right in the mark.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Just something to watch out for that I was warned of: Some CFLs say that they aren't meant to be used on a timer, because they have the wrong ballast for it. I guess there's some debate going on right now on whether or not they are safe to use, but personally I've been using them for a couple years without any issues. I turned mine off for now because of the ballast/timer thing, and I haven't noticed a change in Dud's behavior at all.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Yeah I was reading your discussion to the regard of CFLs being damaging. But for the topic, it was the best thread I had on bookmark.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom