Lighting/Heat question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

slddgk

Just picked up a 48"x13"x20" tank (it was only $10, I couldn't believe it). I am going to clean it up and use it as a temp. tank for my baby until my father-in-law and I can build her the 48x24x24 (inches of course or 4x2x2 feet) enclosure. She is approx. 4-5 months old and 10 inches long, but my question is, can I use a MVB bulb in this tank. And if so, will t provide enough UVB light or will I need another light (I currently have a 18" Repti-Sun 10.0 uvb light and a 50W halogen flood light in a 20L tank). I know I will need a low wattage housebulb to light the other side. Any suggestions would be great - thanks.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
If the tank is 20" tall, then yes, you can use an MVB over that tank. You need a minimum distance of 12-18 inches between your dragon and an MVB, depending on which one you get. An MVB will provide all the UVB light your dragon needs, you won't need a secondary UVB bulb.

slddgk

Original Poster
Which one - brand do you recommend? There are so many ... Zoo-Meds PowerSun, MegaRay MVB (I think that is what it is called)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom