lighting emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
i got the solar glo 125 watt mvb and it actually worked (or seemed to) for a few minutes then when i had to turn off the lamp to feed draconis it had to be bumped gently to turn back on.....it happened again when i tested it to see if i could trust it to turn back on in the morning, and it wouldnt turn back on no matter what i did. i even switched lamps and it turned on for like a minute and sputtered out.....i put one of the new bulbs from the other type of bulbs into the lamp and it worked!! Does this mean the mvb is bad? the lamp works fine with a brand new never used bulb from the other brand and the lamp i use says it can take up to a 250 watt bulb so its not the lamp.....

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible the bulb is faulty so you may want to try and return it. Keep in mind that MVBs have a warmup and cool down period (usually about 15 minutes) and won't turn back on right away after you turn them off. I'd try it again today but if it still won't come back on then it's probably a bad bulb.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2tujjkt0 said:
It's possible the bulb is faulty so you may want to try and return it. Keep in mind that MVBs have a warmup and cool down period (usually about 15 minutes) and won't turn back on right away after you turn them off. I'd try it again today but if it still won't come back on then it's probably a bad bulb.
ok it turned back on but i will watch it and see maybe it will be fine if i keep him out for the full 20-30 minutes at a time . We havent fully beardie proofed our house yet and he has demonstrated that each time we thought we got it all fixed.....:D so when its time to turn off at night it should turn back on just fine in the morning? Another thing i want to ask is if its normal for them to chew on their bridges or other things in their enclosures...i was told that untreated paver bricks were ok to use so long as i scrub them really good to get dust off...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah if you turn it off it should turn back on in 15-30 min or so. My MegaRay does that too. I don't see Darwin chew any of the stuff in his enclosure. Paver bricks are probably fine if you rinse them well and sanitize them. Maybe a rinse/scrub and a spray down with F10SC. I don't have bricks in my tank but some folks use them without an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom