Lighting dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apolt936

I have 2 Mercury bulbs for my 20 gallon tank. The 100w bulb is about 105 degrees directly under it and the rest of the side of the tank is 90 degrees. The 125w bulb is about 120 degrees directly under it but keeps that side around 100 degrees. Which bulb should I use? I did not take the temp of the opposite side of the tank for either bulbs.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Thats way to much for a 20 gallon. Infact those bulbs are so strong you should only use them on bigger tanks. How are you taking the temps? You might want to do a basking light and a reptisun tube for the lighting set up until you get a bigger tank. What is the brand of the mvbs?

SukiLove

Juvie Member
How are you taking the temps? Are you using a gun or a probe? A 20 gallon tank is just a starter tank for a bearded dragon so I'm assuming you are planning on upgrading at some point. The MVB need to be a minimum of 12" away to prevent any ocular damage in the reptiles. I have a MVB in my 90 gallon tank at 14" from the top of my beardies head when he basks and it reaches around 110 degrees with a 100 watt. I would take the temps with both of them and see what works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom