Lighting and heat reassurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

EHerb

So in the uk the reptile man fixed our set up for us he places a Arcadia t5 inside at the back is that ok am I fussing on all the fb groups they tell me it should be at the front does it really matter it has a relector ?
Heating we have a 75wat bright white light I bought a probe dig them but I can’t place it right under the basking light as it’s not a bendy one so it’s on the wall right near it and it reads 41 degrees and the cool side is around 29 degrees
Is this set up ok ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Doe the UVB have a reflector on it? It needs one if it does not -- back wall is not really optimal its best if its directly over head of the dragon so he can sit directly under it --- it does not matter if its in the front of the tank in the middle of the tank or in the back as long as he can get directly under it w / a distance of 12-15 inches --- but it must have a reflector -- temps need to be taken w / a digital probe thermometer and the probe placed on the basking decor of where he sits -- you will get a actual temp - leave there for 10 min or so get the temp
Karrie

EHerb

Original Poster
Thanks so much Karrie for your reply
Yes he is directly under it he loves it up there - I have a dog them but the probe can’t be directly where he sits it’s on the wall close by is it a must that he has a thermostat ?
It def has a reflector

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No thermostat unless you want to be able to turn the bulb down - it would need a dimmer switch - the digital probe is a probe like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/environmental-control-and-lighting/zoo-med-reptile-terrarium-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500202 the probe would need to sit where he sits for basking
or you can use a infrared heat gun as well - they are good but sometimes do not give accurate temps on some materials like hammocks example- that is why I suggested a probe -- they are the most accurate
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom