Light and Heat Schedule? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to set our timers for 7 am to 9 pm but my brother wants to set them for 5:30 am to 9 pm cause he gets up at 5:30 am and turns the normal room lights on so our beardies wake up anyway. What should I do? Should I just let them wake up at 5:30 am and not turn their lights on till 7 am. I dont think I should turn them off any sooner cause I want them to have plenty of time to bask after their dinner plus the normal room lights are on till at least 9 or 10 pm and people are talking. I've noticed when the normal room lights come on in the morning they wake up even if its 5:30 am. Please reply I need your help with this decision.

zebedeepink

Sub-Adult Member
5.30am till 9pm is way too long with the lights on. With winter upon us, I would suggest 12 hours a day with the lights being on.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I would be more inclined to go with your hrs of 7:00 to 9:00. Your brother's hrs are a little too long for lights(you shouldn't exceed more than 14 hrs of daylight).

Try putting a dark colored towel over their vivs from 5:30 till you turn their lights on at 7:00. It would probably help keep some of the light out.

Good Luck !!

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom