Life with 26 reptiles -img fat-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it would be fun to have a thread chronically my life with my 21 guys. It will be mostly pictures but also with lots of writing. I thought I would start out with introducing everyone.

We will start with Tír na nÓg, my sweet beautiful Beardie. Who became officially mine today (1/7/12). She was a surrender to the shelter I work at and I am so very glad she has joined the 'zoo'.
IMG_0547.jpg

Sasha is a very sweet, lovely girl. She is a 3-toed box turtle who I got from a friend who didn't want her anymore.
IMG_6800.jpg

Scully my girl. I've had her for almost 3 years. She is a Leopard Gecko. My friend bred her.
IMG_7487.jpg

Neville, is super handsome. Just look at that red? I got him at a reptile expo this summer.
IMG_7701.jpg

Puzzle is another girl from the reptile expo. She fires up super great, but doesn't have the best crests.
IMG_7703.jpg

I also have 4 Mourning Geckos. JJ, Elle, Penelope and Emily. They are such a fun all female species to work with.
IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

Oz, I got from Bertopia Geckos this summer. He is such a handsome fellow.
IMG_8349.jpg

Trinity is from Crown Jewel Reptiles. She fires up a beautiful mocha color and is crowned.
IMG_8398.jpg

Zoom is paired with Trinity for the 2012 season and I am super excited to see what they produce.
IMG_8390.jpg

Mango is from Altitude Exotics. She is a beautiful lady. Love her creamyness!
IMG_8525.jpg

River Song. Unsexed at this point. Beautiful tiger flame!
IMG_8577.jpg

Dragon. I am hopeful this guy will be a super dal like his father.
IMG_8562.jpg

Anya, my second Crestie! I love this girl!
IMG_8714.jpg

Fox is a handsome man! His tail is bright orange!
IMG_8779.jpg

Hades is my loan Banded Gecko. I hope to him a female at some point!
IMG_8760.jpg

Velvet, was my first Crested Gecko. She is what made my obsession so strong.
181951_1817462925879_1519314272_31905816_6308416_n.jpg

Buffy, Female Tokay Gecko.
252898_2073166318304_1519314272_32287383_2582122_n.jpg

Smeagol, male Tokay Gecko.
294024_161388117273138_124017041010246_331380_5528907_n.jpg

I will also be getting a male R. Sara soon. We are just waiting for the temps to get warmer! Super excited to get this boy!

Breeding Season 2012:
Fox x Scully
Anya x Neville
Zoom x Trinity
Smeagol x Buffy
Mourning Geckos

Hoping to add a female R. Sara and a few more Cresties!

In addition to all the reptiles. I have a large Dubia colony and 2 dogs.

SimplySammy

Just found this thread and I must say WOW!!!!

I am in love with Scully's eyes. Sooooo gorgeous. Everyone else's eyes just give me the heebie jeebies unfortunatly.

You have some goregous reptiles. :)

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Hey it's another zoo keeper. Hi just read some back posts. It's fun keeping lots of pets isn't it? I'm not big on snakes though. Not that I'm afraid of them, I just don't particularly care for them. But, I do agree with the quote on your signature. Alot of fear and mistrust of snakes is propogated.

Tirnanog

Original Poster
Thank You. The best way to live is with a zoo.

Everyone is doing fabulous. I've paired up Trinity, Anya and Zoom, we also paired up Fox and Scully. The mourning gecko's eggs are still incubating. On saturday Feb 4th are heading out to The Rocky Mountain reptile expo, hoping to pick up a few more females!

Tirnanog

Original Poster
AllanonsWrath":3vwggllh said:
How is that show? Decent size and turn out? The one here in Alabama is fairly small, but they are monthly shows.

It is small. But getting bigger and has a lot of nice animals.

Question, I've wanted a Crested Gecko for some time, but with my recent adoption of my beardie I was wondering, can they be housed in the same room? (seperate tanks, obviously). Or will one be distressed by the others presence? I don't want to upset Charlie but if it isn't an issue then I may go Crestie shopping next month.

I shouldn't think it would be a problem as one is nocturnal and the other diurnal but it'd be nice to hear from someone with experience with both.

Tirnanog

Original Poster
ChrisAndCharlie":1eew42p4 said:
Question, I've wanted a Crested Gecko for some time, but with my recent adoption of my beardie I was wondering, can they be housed in the same room? (seperate tanks, obviously). Or will one be distressed by the others presence? I don't want to upset Charlie but if it isn't an issue then I may go Crestie shopping next month.

I shouldn't think it would be a problem as one is nocturnal and the other diurnal but it'd be nice to hear from someone with experience with both.

That will be no problem. My guys are housed in the same room. =) Crestie's are excellent. Let me know if you have any other question about them.

Tirnanog":2j1if437 said:
ChrisAndCharlie":2j1if437 said:

That will be no problem. My guys are housed in the same room. =) Crestie's are excellent. Let me know if you have any other question about them.

Fantastic, I will indeed let you know once I start shopping seriously. Your guys and girls are absolutely beautiful by the way. Such amazing animals.

Tirnanog

Original Poster
ChrisAndCharlie":9phyac4s said:
Tirnanog":9phyac4s said:
ChrisAndCharlie":9phyac4s said:

Fantastic, I will indeed let you know once I start shopping seriously. Your guys and girls are absolutely beautiful by the way. Such amazing animals.

Thank You! Certainly let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom