Life with 26 reptiles -img fat-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it would be fun to have a thread chronically my life with my 21 guys. It will be mostly pictures but also with lots of writing. I thought I would start out with introducing everyone.

We will start with Tír na nÓg, my sweet beautiful Beardie. Who became officially mine today (1/7/12). She was a surrender to the shelter I work at and I am so very glad she has joined the 'zoo'.
IMG_0547.jpg

Sasha is a very sweet, lovely girl. She is a 3-toed box turtle who I got from a friend who didn't want her anymore.
IMG_6800.jpg

Scully my girl. I've had her for almost 3 years. She is a Leopard Gecko. My friend bred her.
IMG_7487.jpg

Neville, is super handsome. Just look at that red? I got him at a reptile expo this summer.
IMG_7701.jpg

Puzzle is another girl from the reptile expo. She fires up super great, but doesn't have the best crests.
IMG_7703.jpg

I also have 4 Mourning Geckos. JJ, Elle, Penelope and Emily. They are such a fun all female species to work with.
IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

Oz, I got from Bertopia Geckos this summer. He is such a handsome fellow.
IMG_8349.jpg

Trinity is from Crown Jewel Reptiles. She fires up a beautiful mocha color and is crowned.
IMG_8398.jpg

Zoom is paired with Trinity for the 2012 season and I am super excited to see what they produce.
IMG_8390.jpg

Mango is from Altitude Exotics. She is a beautiful lady. Love her creamyness!
IMG_8525.jpg

River Song. Unsexed at this point. Beautiful tiger flame!
IMG_8577.jpg

Dragon. I am hopeful this guy will be a super dal like his father.
IMG_8562.jpg

Anya, my second Crestie! I love this girl!
IMG_8714.jpg

Fox is a handsome man! His tail is bright orange!
IMG_8779.jpg

Hades is my loan Banded Gecko. I hope to him a female at some point!
IMG_8760.jpg

Velvet, was my first Crested Gecko. She is what made my obsession so strong.
181951_1817462925879_1519314272_31905816_6308416_n.jpg

Buffy, Female Tokay Gecko.
252898_2073166318304_1519314272_32287383_2582122_n.jpg

Smeagol, male Tokay Gecko.
294024_161388117273138_124017041010246_331380_5528907_n.jpg

I will also be getting a male R. Sara soon. We are just waiting for the temps to get warmer! Super excited to get this boy!

Breeding Season 2012:
Fox x Scully
Anya x Neville
Zoom x Trinity
Smeagol x Buffy
Mourning Geckos

Hoping to add a female R. Sara and a few more Cresties!

In addition to all the reptiles. I have a large Dubia colony and 2 dogs.

thegreybush

Juvie Member
Tokays on the other hand....will not let go until they're DAMNED GOOD AND READY and feel like you learned your lesson. They can draw blood easily. I don't care how smart mine are. I'm smarter. I keep them in a CAGE so they don't EAT ME in the night. :angry5:

Evergreen

Juvie Member
Those Tokays are very unique, I've never seen anything with that kind of coloring. Sounds like they're better suited for admiring at a distance though, or at least with a plate of glass between the two of you!

Best of luck with all your upcoming... (almost called them litters, what are reptile "litters" called?)... clutches!?

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
So this threads got me thinking about gecko's. Grr. I don't need anymoar pets my house is tooo small!!

So anyway quick gecko questions because you seem to know a lot about them.
1. Females can be housed together and you feed them about every other day, correct?
2. Omnivore or herbivore? Type of diet compared to a Beardie or something?
3. Are they harder to tame? Some types harder then others I assume, but what's a good pretty starter for example?
4. Size of geckos? Handlablility? I've heard you can't really handle geckos, but I've only ever had beardies and Iguanas. I kinda want a pretty like fast thing :)
5. Link me to a gecko resource if you could? Is there anything like Beardeddragon.org out there for geckos?

thanks

Tirnanog

Original Poster
1. Females can be housed together and you feed them about every other day, correct?
Depending on the species, yes they can. Feeding every other day is the way to go.
2. Omnivore or herbivore? Type of diet compared to a Beardie or something?
Depends on the gecko.
3. Are they harder to tame? Some types harder then others I assume, but what's a good pretty starter for example?
Tokays are harder. Cresties and Leos are very easy.
4. Size of geckos? Handlablility? I've heard you can't really handle geckos, but I've only ever had beardies and Iguanas. I kinda want a pretty like fast thing :)

Depends on the gecko.

5. Link me to a gecko resource if you could? Is there anything like Beardeddragon.org out there for geckos?

For cresties pangea is the best.
http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/index.php

For all geckos:
http://www.geckosunlimited.com/community/

Now back to the comments about Tokay's. Imagine putting a very intelligent animal in a cage then a hand reaching down and grabbing it. I would act aggressively too!

Tame Tokays:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Jr-6FyM_s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIc3y0D5ipM

kitkat101

Juvie Member
What a gorgeous collection! Hopefully, by the time I am older I can have at least half as many reptiles as you!
Not to get off topic or anything...but what camera do you use? It takes such amazing photos!

Kratoskeeper

Hatchling Member
Canons are great cameras, i have a eos 10d. Anywho, i love the pic of the heart on the tail, and the one where it's mouth is open like it's going raaaaaaawr. Jealous of your collection.

Tirnanog

Original Poster
C. mitratus..
030-11.jpg

028-10.jpg

026-14.jpg

Fox, a very sassy male Leopard Gecko. He thinks hissing and biting is fun. xD (36g):
122-4.jpg

124-4.jpg

117-3.jpg

Scully, My sweet lady. She is 3 years now and staying steady at 60g.
108-4.jpg

105-6.jpg

110-7.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
She is so hard to photograph. She is waaay to smart for me. Most of the pics I have of her are of her fat tail trying to get away. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom