LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Jason,
Sorry to hear your still going through some tough times. I hope you feel well soon. LG does look awesome :D You should be so proud. Keep us posted on your progress, were all pulling for u to be better!

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Well I spent the last few days reading all this an it's awesome I still think u should've punched the store manager in the face but lg looks awesome sorry for all the rough times your having but great job

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you all for the outpour of support.

It seems like each time I come on here lately, I have the same thing to report; Seizures, minor injuries and just a lot of bed rest... I don't know what's causing these to happen, but they usually happen in the morning, only a couple minutes after waking up.

Been taking care of LG as properly as I know how, though I confess: We probably don't go outside as often as she would like... Lately I just don't have any energy, emotional or physical. I feel so drained that I am starting to lose track of all the things I used to be able to juggle in my life.

Well, I have to leave the house in a half hour so I better get in the shower. :|

Will upload some pics of LG enjoying those big juicy crickets that were sent. Thank you all for your continuing patience... :wink:

sparkyw666

hi jason

do i have permission to use your videos/story of lg to raise awareness of dragons needs and been housed together. we need to raise this awareness also in petshops and also first time owners so they can know what can happen. heres a link to where this info would be getting used http://www.reptileexoticprotectionsociety.com/ i look forward to hearing from u jason take care

kind regards

mark

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
sparkyw666":3w4ocydd said:
hi jason

do i have permission to use your videos/story of lg to raise awareness of dragons needs and been housed together. we need to raise this awareness also in petshops and also first time owners so they can know what can happen. heres a link to where this info would be getting used http://www.reptileexoticprotectionsociety.com/ i look forward to hearing from u jason take care

kind regards

mark

Sorry for my very late reply; I have been having health problems lately so I haven't been on the computer all that much.

Absolutely, feel free to use the Youtube vid. The more people who see what could happen the better. Knowledge is power. :wink:

As for an update, sorry again for the long periods I go without posting... Depression is a bummer(lol, get it?)... Been having a hard time finding any pleasure in life, for the last year or two really. When a couple people died in 2010, I lost the only people in my family who weren't completely consumed by alcohol and rage. What I am left with is a shell of the life I once had.

Wow. Enough bummerness... LG is alive and kicking. Actually, I took her out a day ago and while I was sitting there(maybe 6 or 7 feet away from her), a dang hawk swooped down across my back yard and tried to get her! :shock:

I'm constantly on the lookout for predators, so as soon as I saw the motion I jumped up and ran toward LG; The hawk was definitely quicker, but because I was so close it apparently didn't have enough time to drop all the way down to the ground and grab her... Scary stuff, I don't think she fully realized what happened, but I'll tell you my heart was going for awhile. Still can't believe that almost happened;

I will definitely be more careful outside now, will stay close enough that a bird wouldn't try anything(although I thought I was, to be honest)...

She is doing good, I am still feeding her those crickets that were donated(thanks again so much), She is also getting greens and some carrot too. She seems to be happy and healthy, though I'm no vet...

Pics to come. ever since I lost all my pictures it just hasn't been the same... I used to take pictures every other day, and now I might do it once a week if at all. Just really took the wind out of my sails when tens of thousands of images were wiped: Just like flipping a switch...

Will seriously try to get the camera off the shelf and start using it again. :|

Esther19

BD.org Addict
It is wonderful to hear from you, Jason! Good to hear that LG is doing well. I'm so sorry you lost your pictures.You still have LG and a camera, though. While you can't replace what was lost, you can sure start building up Miss LG's portfolio again. What pretty girl doesn't like having her picture taken?

Great job scaring off the hawk!
Esther

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
No worries - if your supplies start running low, let me know. My beardie budget is pretty healthy at the moment, and I'm more than happy to share the goodies :)

I also recommend getting a Picasa album - it's free, cloudbased pic storage. Mine automatically linked up to Google+, so I can both share them and store pics by uploading them to G+ from my mobile too :D

Remember, no matter how bad it gets, this is only temporary. At the moment, even getting up is hard work (literally, if you're seizing out in the morning :p) but keep at it - you'll work through it, I promise. Whilst I've been fortunate enough not to have fits, I unfortunately can totally appreciate where you're coming from - I had an absolutely terrible two years and have finally got to the end of the long, dark tunnel. If you want to discuss anything with me, I'm more than happy to talk and listen, and am the soul of discretion.

I promise, this doesn't last forever. Give LG a hug from me too. I'm off to annoy some of my guys by fishing them out for cuddles!

dangit12

Juvie Member
trust me i come from a family of smart computer Geeks not to metionn that my cousins granfather was one of the first people who invented intell i might one day invent something. i still not decided if im going to be a vetinarian or a computer geek guy or i could be both :lol:

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It's been a long day, but I wanted to post these pictures before I lost all of my energy and motivation;

Here we are killing two birds with one stone, feeding and enjoying outside time:

IMG_1344x.jpg

IMG_1345x.jpg

IMG_1359x.jpg

IMG_1363x.jpg

IMG_1369x.jpg

IMG_1372x.jpg

IMG_1373x.jpg

IMG_1403x.jpg

IMG_1398xcrop.jpg

More to come. :wink:

Nibbles

:cry: These stories make me so sad. I find it very hard to understand why/how some people can be so cruel. At least there are people like OP with a heart and a conscience out there too. LG is just the cutest thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom