LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
I just don't even have words to express my sorrow, Jason ~ I know you have to be completely broken hearted. Please know that she KNEW she was loved. She only thrived because of YOU. You were her whole world, and you can see the love in her eyes, she was happy she had a chance to live with you and your love and dedication to her. Gina, that tribute is beyond beautiful

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Jason, I'm sorry to hear about lg. I know she knew you loved her. She needed to be with you and I believe you needed her with you. I know how much it hurts to loose such a loving beardie. I will always remember the loving look in her eyes with the first pics you posted on this thread of her. She was a very special girl, even though you thought she was a he then until like so many others you found out lg was a she when she laid eggs.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Jason, I'm so very sorry for your loss. How fortunate LG was to have found you. It was obvious that you both shared a very special relationship. May the memories you made bring you comfort.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Dear Jason, I followed the story of LG from your first post & was saddened to hear of your loss. The memorial Gina made captured her essense, she was a very special dragon and loved you like no other. It will take time to deal with the fact that she's gone, just remember, without you, she wouldn't have had any life. She was in comfort, fed, loved, got to get around outside and had everything a beardie could ever want. Now she's over the Rainbow Bridge with my lost girls, Issy, Sweetie, Angel and Loish, healthy and happy and watching over you. Take care, Jason, you will always be our friend.
Deb, Rubio, Lonzo, Titan, Didi, Leo and Gabriel

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Jason, we all know how much you miss her. She will never be forgotten by any of us here. Gina did a wonderful job showing her life with you and how happy she was. How could she not have been, you gave her everything you possibly could AND more. Now she is at Rainbow Bridge with all of our very special beardies that have passed over and they are all watching out for one another. Her heart will always be with YOU.

Please pop in here even only for a second to let us know you are ok. You have MANY friends here and we all care about you very deeply.

R.I.P. sweet L.G.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you to everyone who followed LG's journey. I apologize for my long absences toward the end.

Things have been pretty bad for the last 3 years... The sudden deaths of my Grandmother and Father in late 2010 blew my world to pieces: That's when the seizures started... Additionally, the only family I have left apparently want very little to do with me. The house I've lived in most my life is no longer my home; It's a place where verbal/emotional abuse is the norm. Almost weekly I am threatened with eviction; On more than one occasion I've been forced to sleep up in the hills near my house, just waiting for the substances to leave my mother's system. What's worse is she acts like nothing happened the night before and I am left feeling like a crazy person with these horrible memories that nobody will acknowledge...

I've had deep social/emotional problems my entire life, but since late 2010 I feel I have completely unraveled. Caring for LG was the only real responsibility I felt in my life. After her stroke things became harder. When my family fell apart, things became even harder. Home life became loud and violent. All I could do I started to lose my love of life and my health suffered... I realized I was no longer the person who rescued her in the first place.

After she died I just let myself slip. I sleep until late afternoon, only getting out of bed when my body is literally sore on all sides from laying down for so long. I eat out of nervousness so I am putting on weight and always running out of food. Even though alcohol is clearly linked to seizures, I find myself deeply in the grip of alcoholism. The only joy I feel on a regular basis anymore is when I crack open that first beer of the day- after that it's just a steep slide to nausea and depression. Every day feels hollow, every activity seems pointless.

I'll end it there.

I briefly debated whether or not to post all this on these boards, then decided I'm tired of leaving out the majority of my life just because it's "sad"...

Thank you for the cards sent through the mail and the beautiful video dedication... I had forgotten about some of those pictures of her, it kind of hurt to see them but I suppose it is healthy grief. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to address this. Right now I am struggling to compose this message; I've been here for over an hour, trying to give you just a taste of what I've been feeling.

Though I haven't taken any pictures of the site, LG is at rest under a large old oak. I buried her with some items from her tank, including the towel she slept on most of her life. I planted a single flower bulb at her grave site. It will lie dormant underground most of the year, but each summer it produces new flowers.

I will try to take some pictures, though I still have a hard time visiting her grave.

Thank you to everyone on this site. You have all been so understanding and kind...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I knew things were awful for you, but didn't realize how awful they really were. I'm glad you were able to bury her nearby, that was sweet of you to plant a flower that will continually flower for her & you every summer. I'm hoping you'll get some help for your problems, Jason, but know that we're all here for you, even if we can't physically help you. Take care...

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad you received the cards, and I'm sorry if those forgotten photos of LG made you more sad. It was meant to bring happy tears of wonderful days you had with her.

I totally understand what you're going through with your mom. It hurts to have someone say garbage to you then act like nothing ever happened. It's not right and you shouldn't have to deal with it. (I know, easier said than done)

LG's grave site must look beautiful, and will be even more so when the flower blooms next year and every year after that.

Please take care of yourself. Don't fall into that no-way-out trap.

You were the angel she so desperately needed Jason, and because of you she lived out her life the way she deserved to. With lots of love, and in return you were rewarded with hers.

I can't say much more than that, the tears won't stop flowing (I'm such a sap!) But I have shared your videos and story with the other bearded dragon pages I belong to, and trust me there are rarely dry eyes.

You'll always be her hero, and you're still ours. I hope you know that

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh Jason, it's been so long since we chatted through pm's.........I'm so sorry for all your loses, and especially LG.........she will certainly be missed, and you took such good care of her. Loosing a loved one is so hard, we all here at BD.org have experience it as well, I just wish your surroundings were not so tough. Hopefully, we can still be in touch,.......... please know I'm praying for you, and know that the Lord may close a door, but another will open......take care, and thank-you for sharing, we're all here for you...........

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Unlocked per Jason's request. He plans on making a book about her life and her great pictures. We have thought about you often Jason and are hoping you will check in from time to time. We miss you and hope you are doing ok.]

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
(I'm typing this through tears of both joy and heartache)

Hi Jason. I hope you had been well. Thought of (and worried about) you a lot.
I'm glad that you are going to write a book about LG. She was such a special girl that everyone should know about the beautiful relationship that you had with her.

If I can be of help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Welcome back Jason, hope you're doing well. You've been in my thoughts, I often watch the video you made of LG. It will be good to hear from you and I'm thrilled you're writing a book about LG. If you need any help, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom