Let's pet?? Let's not....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstans84

Reminds me of the place my roommate got his iguana from. It wound up dying a week later because of the horrid conditions of the pet store it was in.

I got my beardie from the petsmart near me. After hearing horror stories about chain stores selling animals I was honestly surprised to see how well treated all of the animals at the one I to were. All of the tanks were clean and all of the animals looked honestly happy. Much different from the conditions at the petco right up the street from it.

reading this and looking at the picture of beardie just broke my heart, I feel so bad for him makes me wanna punch people like that in the face :angry5:

alicatxo

Oh my goodness!!!!!!! :( I would probably ream that guy out so bad if I saw that... that breaks my heart. How can people treat any living thing like that?!

I was at a privately owned petstore yesterday actually and was pretty shocked at what I saw too... They had a beardie in there about 10-12wks old and he was missing a bunch of toes and like half of his tail, wasn't moving at all just layed there all sad with really old greens in there. I feel so bad for them but if I bought all the ones I felt sorry for I would end up like a crazy old lizard lady hahaha.

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
That picture and story make me sad. I can only imagine if Simon lived like that before I got him. The petsmarts and petcos near me actually do a decent job at housing them. The tanks are clean and they actually put the right sized crickets in the tank plus a couple people at my petco talk to me about theirs so I'd hope they would get taken good care of.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Thats horrible :(. I was at petsmart the other day and saw 2 beardies missing toes, I took pictures and video and then I called corporate. You should ask them who you can contact that is above they manager and tell them. Or call someone who will so something...like PETA i dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom