Lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't read my other post my 2 year old that I though was a male laid infertile eggs. She stopped yesterday but had two more this morning. She's really lethargic and her eyes are heavy today. She did eat either last night or this morning. Worms and greens both dusted. Idk if I should be worried about her.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Laying eggs is hard on them. I would make sure she gets a bath everyday and i would up her calcium intake. Liquid calcium would be good to give her.

ladygypsie

Original Poster
Baths stress her out. She layed with me a little bit earlier. I started her on liquid calcium. It says 3 drops once a day. Is that enough?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As destiny said, laying eggs is VERY hard on them. She will need oral fluids, you can use a plastic medicine dropper and put drops of water or diluted flavored Pedialtye or 100% (no sugar added) juice like cherry, grape, apple or cranberry. Dilute with 3 parts water to 1 part juice. She will hopefully lick the drops off her nose. Baths help to get them rehydrated too and are important after they have laid eggs. Make sure to put a washcloth or small towel down in the bottom of the container you use to keep her from sliding around so that she feels more secure. To help her enjoy the bath more, make sure the water is tested by the inside of your wrist, should feel nice & warm but not hot or cold, lukewarm is actually too cool. You can even hold her in the palm of your hand with her vent down in the water and put drops of water on her nose at the same time. The more often she is bathed, the sooner she will get used to it and perhaps learn to love it.

Liquid calcium is also very good and I would imagine 4 drops a day should be fine. It's also important to increase her protein intake to help restore her fat stores that diminish when they lay eggs. What worms & greens are you feeding and how often?

When you say she is lethargic, is she responding to you? Is her beard and/or tail darkened in color?

Could you fill us in on the tank temps & the type of thermometer you're using? Also, what brand & type of UVB do you have for her?

ladygypsie

Original Poster
Just an update. She drank a good amount of juice and ate really well (she's hunting a cricket as I type) her eyes are bright and wide open. I think she's out of the woods. Can I give her juice often even when she's better because she only drinks in the bath. Or should I switch between juice and plain water?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, the Pedialtyte would be a 3:1 mixture too. You can offer her as much as she'll drink.

That's good that she drank quite a bit, what flavor of juice did she like so much? Hope she caught the cricket and ate some more too. Sure sounds like she was indeed dehydrated, good that you helped her out with that. Yes, you can give her diluted juice other times too but would be good to give her water too.

How did you make out with her bath today?

ladygypsie

Original Poster
She liked grape juice. I had to hide her liquid calcium in it lol. And she caught all her crickets, I have to get her more because she pigged out. She's still not a fan of the bath. She doesn't flip out but she only tolerates it for so long. Baby steps I guess lol. She's always been fussy with everything but she's a good beardie, she puts up with anything lol. Here's a pic from earlier after she ran through her greens and made a mess.

6z8bn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom