let me get this straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You've actually gotten some great responses as to why others wouldn't use the plastic tubs so I'm not sure what more you're looking for. I wouldn't use them because I don't feel the beardies would be happy enclosed like that not being able to see anything going on outside their tub. Our beardies enjoy seeing us walk around, looking at different things in the room so I don't feel they would be happy living in one of them, perhaps would be ok for a wk but not indefinitely.

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":f47e8 said:
You've actually gotten some great responses as to why others wouldn't use the plastic tubs so I'm not sure what more you're looking for. I wouldn't use them because I don't feel the beardies would be happy enclosed like that not being able to see anything going on outside their tub. Our beardies enjoy seeing us walk around, looking at different things in the room so I don't feel they would be happy living in one of them, perhaps would be ok for a wk but not indefinitely.

so you don't feel your BD views you as a predator?

I am a monitor and snake guy with some bearded dragons. The males show stereotypical behavior: dominance and aggression towards other dragons. The females could very easily be kept in colony form I would imagine. My observations show that dragons climb to be near heat. My experiment was to place a heat lamp on a perch at floor level beside a cat tree they use as a perch when left to roam. Light on and they stay at floor level, turn the light off and they climb. Males normally tried to dominant higher levels.

I try to do what is best for their health, not what I personally deem that makes them "happy". Feeding a high fat diet would probably make an animal happy...but it is no different than a parent feeding their child candy as a sole food source.

My observations and experiments are to see if I can provide the best necessary requirements needed by the animal....not just what someone deems makes theirs "happy."

Here are some German Giant strain on cleaning day. They do not show dominance to (or around) the much smaller ackie monitors. (they are in the ackie cage for awhile until their cage is cleaned)

Picture019.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
so you don't feel your BD views you as a predator?
Oh boy, you've got to be kidding! That's a really far out comment, I think our beardies believe they're humans just like us. :lol: And, you may think this is crazy, but they are like babies and also extremely smart which a few people don't seem to realize.

Is there some reason why you think they can't be happy and cared for in the healthiest possible manner at the same time? The "best necessary requirements" doesn't mean that the beardie is happy if not treated with the TLC they so rightly deserve. They are an amazing reptile and I have the feeling that the way you look at them isn't the same as most of us here do. For some reason, I get the feeling that you're trying to be argumentative rather than just asking our opinions on things. Seems like no matter what we say, you will end up picking it apart. :? So, as I said before, I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom