Lerthargic Baby Full recovery!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a cutie- goes to show what some TLC will really do! Sending kudos to you for rescuing this baby, as well as, positive thoughts for both of you!

Delshara

Hatchling Member
Yuki is so sweet! Congrats to you all for saving her.

I really wish people would look at bd.org to take care of their beardies. This is so preventable. Thank goodness there are rescuers like you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is looking so much better, that is excellent to see!
I think that her eyes will clear up fully pretty soon. At least she is opening them & is eating. She definitely looks much more alert, that is fore sure.
Great job with her! :blob5:

Tracie

maze1216

Original Poster
Drache613":f17fc said:
Hello,

She is looking so much better, that is excellent to see!
I think that her eyes will clear up fully pretty soon. At least she is opening them & is eating. She definitely looks much more alert, that is fore sure.
Great job with her! :blob5:

Tracie

Thanks, she's doing tons better, even opening both eye's today (though not often) without the aid of soaking. The problem still is she will not eat or drink on her own. To get her to drink I have to pull down her beard and push up on her lips with a dropper. To get her to eat I have to do the same with a meal worm and literally drop it in her mouth. Once she notices it's on her tongue she gobbles it right up like she should but she hates her mouth pulled open. The easiest way to get her to eat or drink is to take her outside and put her in the sun till she bask her mouth open. Then give her drops of water and she'll swallow. But even after that, dripping water on her nose doesn't get her to do any licking for more water. She's still week and won't stay awake more than a few minutes at a time, but after basking in the sun or eating, she wobble/run a few feet, then she's exhausted and goes back to sleep.

RykersMum

Hey everybody! This is maze1216's wife! I thought I'd give a short update before I went to bed seeing as Nate is off playing Army and won't be back for a couple of weeks, lol. Yuki is doing wonderfully! She's getting feistier everyday! She is more readily eating and drinking, still not on her own but we no longer have to pull her beard down, all I have to do is rub on her mouth with the bug tweezers or the eye dropper and she opens up her mouth, which is very very helpful. She ate quite a few mealworms and a couple pieces of greens today, and she also drank her calcium/anti-bacterial powder slurry. She's wandering around her cage little by little and is having regular bowel movements. It looks like our little girl is going to make it! I'll keep you all updated as much as possible, but with taking care of the scales babies as well as our son and babysitting I can't make any immediate promises. Be sure to send good thoughts Yuki's way!

maze1216

Original Poster
Baby Yuki is doing completely better now, she runs around her viv. Eats everything we give to her. Is putting on weight. She's even holding herself up completely most of the time now. :) I'll get some pics later today if I have some time. Just thought I'd update everyone since I've been gone for most of this month.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Oh, I'm so happy! I missed this thread and seeing those first pictures you posted just about broke my heart. I'm so pleased that Yuki is doing well. Yay! :blob8:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for posting pictures in the Photo Expressions thread. Yuki is looking very good, she looks much happier. Great job in getting her healthy now. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom