Leftover live food in the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icelore

Juvie Member
So, how terrible is it to leave uneaten crickets in the tank with your dragon? I know that they could bite the dragon if they get really hungry, but they seem to much rather eat his left over salad. I'd have to take apart his cage to catch the 4-5 that are in there now, and I'd just feed them to him tomorrow.

If you don't feed in a separate enclosure, how do you deal with the run away bugs?

TBH, I'm kind of thinking it would be nice for him to have something to do between major feedings. Habitat enrichment and all that.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :) If the crickets have no food then you should take them out but it they have some greens to feed on more then likely they willnt mess with your beardie. If you dont want extras in there you can take out all the decorations so that the crickets cant hide anywhere. Or you can get a rubbermaid tub and feed your beardie in there. I did that with Cosmos at first he was scared but then he learned that was his feeding place.

Lenewen

Juvie Member
I don't put many crix in at a time on the rare occasion I feed them to my beardies and usually there are no strays because they eat them all. But with my geckos who were raised without much attention won't eat from the tongs so I have to leave the crix in there. I just put a few pieces of carrot and the crix gather around it, making it easier for my geckos to hunt them. As long as there is food, I see no reason to not leave a few in there. If your dragon is little though, I advise against it whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom