Left leg twitches

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, sometimes when my bearded dragon starts moving around he gets spasms on his left leg. Like the muscle is twitching. I asked the vet he’s said probably electrolytes. He didn’t think anything of it. Today, he twitched all of his leg. Still only the left leg. Yesterday, he also did like kicks with his left leg. He was very annoyed both times. He was running away and backing away from me. Is it just annoyance? I’m afraid it is MBD because of the twitching, but I read somewhere that that was bilateral.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, sometimes when my bearded dragon starts moving around he gets spasms on his left leg. Like the muscle is twitching. I asked the vet he’s said probably electrolytes. He didn’t think anything of it. Today, he twitched all of his leg. Still only the left leg. Yesterday, he also did like kicks with his left leg. He was very annoyed both times. He was running away and backing away from me. Is it just annoyance? I’m afraid it is MBD because of the twitching, but I read somewhere that that was bilateral.
they can have muscle twitches not uncommon -- UVB your using ? is it properly placed and distanced for the screen on the tank ?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
they can have muscle twitches not uncommon -- UVB your using ? is it properly placed and distanced for the screen on the tank ?
I’m using the zoomed 10 uvb. It sits on top of the screen right above his basking. His basking is 95-100, so I think it is distant enough, but I’m not sure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’m using the zoomed 10 uvb. It sits on top of the screen right above his basking. His basking is 95-100, so I think it is distant enough, but I’m not sure.
for a fine screen mesh it needs to be unobstructed NO screen - distance 12-15 inches --- wide hole type distance 8-10 inches both w/ the basking decor directly below it

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
for a fine screen mesh it needs to be unobstructed NO screen - distance 12-15 inches --- wide hole type distance 8-10 inches both w/ the basking decor directly below it
I’m a little confused. Is there something wrong with his mesh screen? Basking is around 7-10 inches away.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
image.jpg

This is his screen mesh

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Karrie is correct, that type of screen is perfectly fine. It is wide enough to allow sufficient UVB
rays through for him.
They can get slight muscle twitches from time to time. Are you giving a multivitamin weekly for
him right now?

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

Karrie is correct, that type of screen is perfectly fine. It is wide enough to allow sufficient UVB
rays through for him.
They can get slight muscle twitches from time to time. Are you giving a multivitamin weekly for
him right now?

Tracie
I give him a multivitamin weekly however, I didn’t have a long tube for the uvb. Should I be concerned now?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You have probably headed any issues off hopefully by correcting the lighting quickly. He should
recover & begin absorbing the calcium right away.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

You have probably headed any issues off hopefully by correcting the lighting quickly. He should
recover & begin absorbing the calcium right away.
How is he doing today?

Tracie
He seems ok today. He had diarrhea, I’m hoping from the squash. He wanted his crickets. I’m not sure yet about his greens. I haven’t seen him do any twitching yet, but I haven’t seen him very long today. He did do some yesterday.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can try giving some probiotics to see if that helps with the tummy issues right now.
Hopefully the twitching will begin to go away for the most part.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom