leaving the light on

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, things have cropt up in my life at the moment where i'm out of the house like 1-2 hours at a time.
is it okay to turn the light off and turn it back on when i get in? will my beardie still be healthy? or should i leave it on?
the temp is ALWAYS at 60-70 in my room anyway. i know he needs the uv light but with like 2 hour gaps in the day is this okay?
thanks

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
You should leave the light on all day during the day. Turning it off like that not only makes him cold but it can confuse their sleep/wake cycles. My beardie is awake while the lights are on and then when they are off and he starts to cool down he will get sleepy.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I will have to agree with Keleah... turning the lights on and off will definitely disrupt your beardies day/night cycle. Not only that, but each time you turn the heat bulb off, it will take a while once turned back on for it to get back to a decent basking temp.
Are you worried about the lights being on while you are gone? If you have them secured and they are in the proper type of fixtures, leaving them on should not pose a threat of a fire hazard(if this is your concern).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom