Lazy or ill? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beccajay

I've had my beardie for about two months now.
And the last week he's been really lazy.
He'll run around like a headless chicken sometimes jumping all over the tank then other times he'll stay in one spot most of the day apart from when he goes to his food bowl 5-6 times a day to eat. He's eating fine and goes crazy for his bugs. His poops are good and he's always pure white on his chin and belly.

The temps are 110 hot side and 80 cool side.
He's on carpet.

Last week he had a shed of his arms and legs which didn't really affect him. Now his head and body are shedding and all he generally does is sit and rub his face on things in his tank.

Is this a cause for concern that he's gone so lazy or it is normal?

Thanks.

Gail

BD.org Addict
How old/big is he? Dragons get lazier as they age and since he is eating and pooing normal, its not something I'd worry about.

Beccajay

Original Poster
Gail":3b85mb5j said:
How old/big is he? Dragons get lazier as they age and since he is eating and pooing normal, its not something I'd worry about.

He's probably around 3-4 months old he's around 8-9 inches now.
When he's out of the tank he's really active. But if i leave him in the tank he sits staring at me pressing himself against the tank all day.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that it's good that his appetite is up and he is pooping regularly. The shedding can affect their mood in different ways including causing lethargy. It's also common for them to go into a kind of zone out mode when they're basking. It's good that he is active and curious when he's outside of the tank. Keep him in the tank enough to get sufficient access to lighting and heat but also provide plenty of outside of the tank time for him to explore and have fun =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom