Lazy lizard or am I being conditioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Ok I think Harley, my almost 2 month old red/orange hypo girl is conditioning me to her feeding routine. She won't eat greens in the morning unless I hand feed it to her and then her cricket feedings, she chases down about 10 of em and then plops down and waits for the rest to come to her. If they don't, she climbs up her brick pile to her UVB light and waits for me to hand feed her another 10-15 before she is off and glass dancing and basking. Too funny how these little lizards win our hearts :D Gonna be so much nicer once I get some Phoenix Worms and Dubia roaches since hand feeding crickets makes me just want to throw em all on the floor and squish em haha :lol:

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
ohman. i feel you.
mine is even lazier. yesterday i had to push some carrot slices into his mouth to make him realize that it's actually tasty (he ate the rest by himself later).

he doesn't chase crickets at all. he waits untill they come to him and even then he's all "meh" ,

he's so spoiled. D; just. impossible. i mean i'm an active type of person and i do sports every day and seeing this pancake just sitting there all day not even moving an inch just makes me want to take him outside into the grass so he can run. but then again i lost my leash which was made for him. D: <

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I've been lucky my babies aren't lazy. I only hand feed them treats such as apples and what not, maybe the occasional bug. I could not imagine having to deal with spoiled babies :lol:

Its so hard not to spoil them isn't it?! However...Once you condition them by allowing them to call the shots, You can end up with a bigger problem in the long run. This makes your life miserable and heaven forbid you have to take them to the vet or someone else has to watch them for you. Best to stay on a regular routine with special spoiling for special foods . Like you said about apples.
I only put a few crickets in at a time once they are nommed up then a few more etc. Once that gleam of AHA! is out of their eyes they are done. You shouldn't leave them in with our beardies unattended and never over night so whats the point in dumping a lot in there other than its a conveinience to us and well entertaining to see them go WHOA MUNCHIES!! lol,. I saved a parmesan cheese shaker and I keep calcium powder in the bottom, plop in some crickets, shake shake to coat them then I can tilt them out a few at a time. Im allergic to those nasty things and don't want to handle them either.

Sometimes when my little brats don't want to try new food it gets cut thin and in long strips then I dangle it from my fingers making it wiggle and dance like a bug. Eventually I win and they eat it and all is well. Except Bluberries.. That went no where. they cocked their heads like... what the heck is that and why is it in my dish. Not even rolling them or dicing them up made them want to eat them. Mango on the other hand was a magical euphoric drug to them both. I almost lost a finger on that! hahaha. either way I won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom