Lazy/lethargic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camhabit

Hello all, for the past few days (maybe past week) my 2-3 year old beardie Zora has been more lazy than normal. She will eat fine, and all that, but she stopped running around/glass surfing, and she stopped ‘exploring’ my room, she would rather just lay there. Her eyes look like she is tired but idk why she would be. When I bring her outside she will light up, but still not run around. She can run and walk fine, she looks very healthy, and her lights are good (11in away from backing spot, is a mega Ray mvb) I’m still struggling to get her to eat her greens, but she demolishes crickets fast.

And she also won’t stay at the top of her basking spot for long anymore, without coming down and sitting to where she is not directly under it, as seen in the pic below

Thanks guys, I may be over reacting, but I can’t help it as a beardie parent?
95966-4879264575.jpg
95966-518213814.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They sometimes go through lazy phases like that. Keep offering her time outside to get sunlight and run around if she wants to though. Hopefully she will be back to her usual self soon. At her age she should be eating mostly veges so I'd keep trying to offer a wide variety of salad and see if you can get her to like some things. The cricket meals should only be once or twice per week (or approx 20% of the overall diet).

Camhabit

Original Poster
CooperDragon":jit1tnd5 said:
They sometimes go through lazy phases like that. Keep offering her time outside to get sunlight and run around if she wants to though. Hopefully she will be back to her usual self soon. At her age she should be eating mostly veges so I'd keep trying to offer a wide variety of salad and see if you can get her to like some things. The cricket meals should only be once or twice per week (or approx 20% of the overall diet).

Yes thank you. I take her outside every other day (it’s like 50° one day then 80° the next) and yeah I offer her and try to coerce her by dancing them and stuff but she still hold off. I give her the crickets twice a week and a total of about 50. I’ll keep trying obviously, thank you for your advice :) I hope she breaks out of it... and she lights up outside now so idk

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, they definitely go through phases that are not really brumation in nature, but just
slower phases in which they don't do a whole lot but eat a little here & there & relax. If
the weather has been up & down that can definitely contribute to odd patterns of behavior,
also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom