Lazy Beardie low appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No shut the UVB off ----- the T 8 needs to be UNOBSTRUCTED w/ NO screen ----- please get a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 6-8 inches --- the screen will block 30 % of the rays you dont want that --- the hygrometer is a dial one ? You want to invest in a Exo Terra one that has a digital probe on it- place on the back center wall of the tank it will read your whole tank --- 40% is good
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184861186302?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=184861186302&targetid=1263104806006&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9020114&poi=&campaignid=10459841961&mkgroupid=123050526620&rlsatarget=pla-1263104806006&abcId=2146002&merchantid=115050064&gclid=CjwKCAjwzOqKBhAWEiwArQGwaAILbGorTQURoiSvDZyZf3uCX-f-xfKAeLIo7ZFyFji6VNuy_JyjghoCMT8QAvD_BwE

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
still need help with people i am 1000% dedicated to this little guy i just want to make him better and i am so paranoid if he dies im gonna feel like i wanna die plz help i need to know lioke everything i can do to save this guy and make him health hes only been unheathly for like a week and he gave me a serious motivation and friendship please anyone.

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2qdcmwce said:
No shut the UVB off ----- the T 8 needs to be UNOBSTRUCTED w/ NO screen ----- please get a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 6-8 inches --- the screen will block 30 % of the rays you dont want that --- the hygrometer is a dial one ? You want to invest in a Exo Terra one that has a digital probe on it- place on the back center wall of the tank it will read your whole tank --- 40% is good
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184861186302?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=184861186302&targetid=1263104806006&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9020114&poi=&campaignid=10459841961&mkgroupid=123050526620&rlsatarget=pla-1263104806006&abcId=2146002&merchantid=115050064&gclid=CjwKCAjwzOqKBhAWEiwArQGwaAILbGorTQURoiSvDZyZf3uCX-f-xfKAeLIo7ZFyFji6VNuy_JyjghoCMT8QAvD_BwE

ok so i adjusted his uvb light and i have a second one if i dont have a way to do more direct uvb will my other uvb lights have an effecT? technically i got a 40 gal kit and it came with another bulb and fixture and i have the original one so if i can rig it for TEMPORARY reasons can i put 2 more uvb lights for him? or maybe just one more? to make up for the screen? It is a front loading tank so i dont ever have to move them.

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
also his himidity is down to less than 20 now ya the dials take so long to register if i had more money to get the pro stuff i would have : / thats why im literally still just watching him like a hawk and only spending time taking care of him above all else, i can rig 2 more uvb bulbs to give him optimal uvb i worry about over calcium whatever its called. I want to do it very precise so he goes back to normal again i already saw his little spark again just from the new tank he was running back and forth i feel bad like i kept him in a cell.

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
ok so his new uvb has loops and fixtures on it for screws and the new tank has install points so i can hang it on the inside of the lid, im gonna use some wire twine from the hardware store tomarrow to hold it in place without fail. The uvb light i have now is much more powerful than the one i had which is why i feel like he responded to it, when i install it under the lid will that be enough for him? That being said should i give him eidble fruits and waxworms once he gets his appetite back to fatten him up a bit?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No more UVB's one is good just get it to the correct placement and distance -- make sure he has proper basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and I would invest in a digital probe hygrometer https://www.healthypets.com/exoterradigthermprob.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw7--KBhAMEiwAxfpkWIFfxgJ3EMh-q9BiIbg43GjFXNKtkhR6E4-6VVccLqv95OBeHL9JrRoCaWQQAvD_BwE
you can use this too hang the fixture it works great I use it -- its like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around the fixture https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
You want him on a healthy diet wax worms are not a good insect to feed regularly you need dubia roaches or crickets or silk worms or BSFL -- I recommend the dubia roaches they are a better more nutritional feeder http://www.dubiaroaches.com they are really good nice looking super worms they come large only you will need a plastic container w/ holes in the lid and bran to keep them in and fed carrots for hydration - DO NOT FEED the dragon carrots if your feeding any type of insect carrots --- you can set up a 10 gallon tank for the roaches and feed them dubia food and water crystal/ pellets --- also stuff the dragon eats they arent hot on greens but they do like fruit and squash --- please work on getting this set up your going to need these staple feeders for winter - I would look at getting around 200 roaches ordered he only need insects 2-3 times / week along w/ his salads every day the super worms can be fed every other day like 2-3 of them - you want a balanced diet for him -- please do not rely on the pet stores for food over the winter --- we had a lot of people last winter that could not get insects from those stores --- its best to establish a supplier on line --- I can post more websites if you like -- you can also get him meal worms too just dont feed every day -- you want him on salads and a staple insect --

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
his basking spot is at 102.3 F i used a digital thermometer, i have crickets too i was just trying to give him a wax worm i dont really feed them to him, hes still not too interested in food im not sure how i can get the uv INSIDE his tanktjhere is not fastenings for it really on the hood so im not sure what to do there he does seem a bit more attentive and has been exploring i have greens set up for him as well thoe he dont eat much greens right now im trying to figure out how to hang the hood inside the light.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Use this -- its like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around your fixture - are you using the 30" fixture? https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195 you may haft to take the screen off and place on the back of the tank and have the screen half way on -- but it does need to be UNOBSTRUCTED --
once you get the UVB in place watch his behavior -- he should start eating -- just keep offering him food -- you may haft to get some BSFL to lure him to the bowl -- they are great salad toppers and they DO NOT need to be dusted -- order large http://www.symptonbsf.com

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
112095-130126393.jpg
finally got it in there right ignore the humidity duty have it's wrong my digital one says it's 26 humidity hopefully he's all good the uv light lights up his entire tank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Get a piece of decor directly under the UVB approx 6-8 inches -- watch his behavior

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
ok i did i do notice he was napping straight under the uv light. so ill post tomarrow with an update. i put his favorite log in there with him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good he should start eating more-- he looks really thin--- is there a clear plastic cover over the bulb ? If there is take it off and leave it off

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
This morning I checked on him he had some poop on his butt but this don't look normal and also I gave him a warm bath it wasn't cold or anything just to clean the poop off his butt with q tip and now he's like limp and not too responsive I see him open and close his eyes but I don't think he's dead this is depressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom