Launching himself into the door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beccajay

Hi guys. The past few weeks I've noticed my little guy launching himself into the viv doors if they are closed and locked. If I leave the doors open he seems really happy, never climbs out and often he'll balance half in half out of his viv. He'll stay there for hours at a time sometimes watching the world go by.

Is there anyway to stop him launching himself at the doors when there closed? He'll do it over and over until I open the doors. He'll often pace back and forth and go black until I open up. Then he'll act normal and go a beautiful white. He'll never come out but it seems to comfort him knowing he's got the freedom to.

What can I do to stop this? He's about 5 months old now. He's a good weight. Eats and poops normal. Temps are 105-80. He's on carpet with correct lighting. The tank is a big one so has ample room to move around.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Try lowering the basking temp, now that he is older it might be too warm. If that doesn't help, it could simply be a hormonal male thing.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Dragons do often like to be able to see a bit more of the world.

I used wire garden mesh to create a cube with one side open, and a sturdy flap at the top and bottom - I fit it through the door sideways, then turn right way up to fit it in place. I then use bamboo dowels to hold it steady =1=1= on the inside of the tank - the dowels reach nearly floor to ceiling, so stop it falling out of the door.

Some dragons really enjoy the "balcony"...

Frank pulls faces at the others:
tlTkXPg-UuYgcMTJFsciHqvJVRTxfgPEnRu_gx1-2E63=w1074-h643-no

And Jam used to pretty much live in the balcony:

NEk1TlMFeL0JHDeVfUR36qYwhyCvBIGp43wfkSyOEY6I=w386-h643-no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom