Late start brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Is it possible for them to still go down in February? Bandits about 8 months old, she's been sluggish all winter but now she has been sleeping since the 10th with just being awake maybe 3 times? I know she's not sick. I have the proper temps and lights. I'm just curious as to the possibly of starting brumation late? Everyone's dragons went down before November to December and my little lady went down the 10th of this month. Normal?

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Where you live, has it been colder lately. Colder weather change could cause they to brumate at this time of year.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
It really depends on the beardie, too. Some are closer to their Australian roots and may try to brumate in the summer even!

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Chicago. February has been the coldest so far so that makes sense. She definitely went through the up down slow down phase but now she's just out :( bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom