Lamp fell on Kevin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":29xyo9yf said:
Really ? Hmmmmmm....that's odd. Hopefully just something that will pass soon. And has his leg had the grey mark since being splinted ?

Yep. That's a spot that was the same as on his tail we thought was fungal. It actually looks MUCH worse than it is. It's about to come off with the shed. He's already shed from his knee down the thigh is just taking a bit longer. I'm a little weary to get a toothbrush to it yet, just in case. I believe it was just damaged scales due to the splint. He had an exact same spot on his tail that took a bit longer to shed than the surrounding area but when it did, the spot was gone. So that's one thing I'm actually NOT worried about ??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

I hope Kevin had a good day today!
Those are strange spasms, but hopefully they will cease soon. That has to feel strange for
him having those muscles jumping like that, poor thing.
How is his shed coming along?

Tracie

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
All he's got left to shed now is his thigh where the break was and the base and of his tail. He shed the middle section of his tail first which was weird lol!

I'm sure those spasms are pretty crazy to him. I know he can feel them but he doesn't act weird or anything when they happen. His spine is getting a lot straighter so I think it's seized up muscles starting to relax but are still seized up, if that makes any sense at all lol!

Other than the spasms, he's doing good. Starting to grip more with his left hand also, as well as moving the injured leg more and more. He's getting there!

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright, just for giggles, what does this look like to you?

96176-9726863461.jpg
96176-557672834.jpg

I know it's not the correct position or the best of pictures, but I only have 2 hands. My daughter was holding him but she's never held him like that before so she was nervous she would hurt him. I can't fold his tail up to do it the right way, I started to try but he started having the spasms & acted uncomfortable so NOPE!

I'm sure the pics aren't good but I'm pretty sure I seen his manlihood lol!

I tried it on Keisha but she's so teeny tiny, I'm not sure what I saw lol!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not the best position as you said but based on the first photo it looks like two bumps indicating a male.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The flashlight method doesn't always work with young dragons so it'd be hard to tell even in the right position. Somehow I think he's a male anyway. :)

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I really think male too... the pics are horrible & the position isn't favorable but I could definitely see a gap in the middle. That 1st pic kinda shows it, the 2nd not so much.

He's gotta be a man, the way he acts Lol! Thanks guys, I needed second opinions.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, I do believe Kevin is a male! LOL :D
How is he doing today? That's great he is starting to grip more with his other hand, too.
Pretty soon, he will have a good firm grip in both hands. I hope the seizures start to go
away soon, poor guy!
He really is improving steadily though so this is very good news. Keep us posted on Kevin.

Tracie

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone, haven't been on in a few days. Just been lazy, I suppose.

There's really not anything new going on with Kevin. He's still his stubborn, miserable self. His spine has gotten pretty bad curved and swollen, which the only thing I can guess is MBD. His tail shed still hasn't broken loose, which is driving me crazy. Bath & toothbrush has no effect whatsoever.

His Allpurinol came in Saturday so he's gotten a couple doses of that, so too soon to see any improvement. He's eating like a pig consistently now, which is awesome but rough. He only eats greens & BSFL now, after completely rejecting them the 1st 2 weeks we had them so now I've got a bunch of flies I don't know what to do with... can I breed those? How? I've ordered another shipment of 500 but they won't be in til weds at the earliest. I've been going to Petco & sorting through their cups to find living ones. I'm the crazy lady that sits down in front of the fridge and opens every cup lol! They're too expensive that way though @ $4 for 25. He eats almost a whole cup each feeding!

We did have a strange sad moment Saturday night. He looked rough most of the day so about 20mins or so before lights out, I got him out to cuddle. I laid him down against my side and he climbed up my arm. I'm not sure where he was trying to go or why, but it was incredibly sad to watch. He used only his head and scooted slowly until he was standing on his tail. His beard was completely black & his body was all distorted looking. I couldn't see him good enough so I turned my camera on to look and it tore me up. I was going to make a video because I felt he was trying to snuggle closer to me but my face was in it & I was crying so hard I had snot dripping out of my nose lol! I got him down back beside me & covered him up & left one hand over him & he went to sleep pretty quick.

I honestly keep waiting for the morning he doesn't wake up, but as mad as he is every morning, he wakes up. I feel his quality of life is just as bad as it can get. He looks so warped & miserable all day everyday. I'm not sure how much more he can handle. Hopefully he will surprise me though & pull through...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, that's so sad to read Starla. :( Poor little trooper. Yet he still loves to eat so there's a will to live. Can you post a pic of his spine ? I didn't realize that it was twisting so much . Does he still get daily calcium ?

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1ikj2at1 said:
Aw, that's so sad to read Starla. :( Poor little trooper. Yet he still loves to eat so there's a will to live. Can you post a pic of his spine ? I didn't realize that it was twisting so much . Does he still get daily calcium ?

I have a few pics I took but they don't do it justice. When you look down at him, his right side is spoofed out, his left side is squeezed in (that's where he has spasms) and the right side of his spine is swelled up. I couldn't get a good pic of how swelled up it is. Even when you look at his belly, the right side is all fat looking and the left is squished. There isn't any lumps or anything, I've massaged around feeling. I do think the fatness is poop because he eats & eats but still only poops every 2 or 3 days. No matter what I do. The poos always look great & don't seem to be hard to get out. He's not impacted but doesn't poop as often as he should. Forgot to put, even after he does finally poop, he doesn't "deflate" or straighten out.

96176-9598564244.jpg
96176-4335211259.jpg
96176-1817119094.jpg
96176-9516129866.jpg

And yes he still gets daily calcium. I got the Calci Blast from Tracie. He gets that, serrapeptase, Allpurinol & I dust his worms in kidney support powder. He hates when I mess with him lol! He really is such a trooper. I know he has the will but he's just so dang pitiful all the time, he can't be happy. He still holds his head up all day looking around. I've made sure his temps are where he wants them so he doesn't move at all. Occasionally I'll peek in & he'll be a scooted up a little or over to the side a little. I've been leaving him in the bedroom because this baby's due date is tomorrow & with that going on whenever she decides to come out plus after were home, I won't be able to sit in the garage all day like I do now lol! 1st couple days, he pouted so much. He seems fine with it now but I know it's boring him. I do get him out & sit in the sun as long as we can handle it. Which isn't long anymore, normal Florida weather is back so it's always around 85° & just sitting with the sun blaring on you is rough. He don't like it much either LOL!

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nevermind on breeding those flies... Keisha ate every last one of them for breakfast... ? I didn't realize I was out of her crickets, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Kevin will eat a couple but he doesn't really like them. I sat the lid down in her tank with a bunch on there, thinking about how I'm bout to have flies all over my house I'd be trying to catch for weeks. Nope. She ate all those little suckers. I left the lid sitting in there & just a hour or so later I checked on them & she was back on the lid looking for more. Oops.... lol!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I was going to mention that your beardies will eat the flies. Keisha the fly ketcher ! :lol: Took care of that breeding program....

But little Kevin still looks good. No black beard and a big appetite means little or no pain usually. I wonder if he's just more comfortable in that position because of a pinched nerve or something.

Best wishes for a fast + uncomplicated delivery of your new family member. Boy or girl, and name ?

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1cxag0s0 said:
I was going to mention that your beardies will eat the flies. Keisha the fly ketcher ! :lol: Took care of that breeding program....

But little Kevin still looks good. No black beard and a big appetite means little or no pain usually. I wonder if he's just more comfortable in that position because of a pinched nerve or something.

Best wishes for a fast + uncomplicated delivery of your new family member. Boy or girl, and name ?

He does go black beard a few times a day, mainly when I mess with him or he tries to move. His tail stays dark but I'm not sure if it's the shed that refuses to break off or what.

I'm having another little girl. Penelope Jolene. She was supposed to be here by tomorrow but she's stubborn. I'm waiting at the doc's office now to HOPEFULLY find out were getting closer, but I doubt it LOL! Thank you for asking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom