Lame Leg on Pogi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogismom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So glad you looked at his posting! Having you and the Forum folks as godparents gives me confidence that we will do the right thing for him. I think we have a name too.. After a list of exotic and classic dragon names we decided on a tried and true name that is associated with strength, honesty, and patriotism... Rocky!

If we ever get a female you know it would be Adrianne! :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dubias are sure a good feeder and definitely easy to breed.

Bet he will enjoy a warm bath to help him get cleaned up & to relax him.

We are all so excited for you. Rocky is an awesome name. 8)

pogismom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It has indeed been a roller coaster of a day... A genuine cycle of life...

My kids do know. I wanted to be sure they were okay with adopting so soon. I think it lifted their spirits gave them something special to look forward to. I know they will be fascinated with seeing a larger beardie too. They are do stunning when they get big. I was so hoping I would have seen Pogi get big one day... He had beautiful markings too.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Pogi marched into your lives, leaving his little footprints on your hearts. A gentle scaly being with trusting eyes, always ready for your embrace or food to snatch from your hand. Though with you for a short time, his spirit soared today as he gained his wings. Now sitting on your shoulder nodding approval as a new gentle scaly being with trusting eyes and silly smile marches in leaving new footprints across your heart, careful not erase those left behind. RIP Pogi, he would approve.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry you lost little Pogi, that is so sad. :cry: You did everything you could for him & he knew that you loved him. They will leave a mark on your heart forever. His memorial was beautiful.
Rocky is a wonderful name. I am sure that you have a wonderful time with him.

Tracie

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry for your loss. I've had a roller coaster day like that, but was not yet aware of reptile vets or online breeders. I lost my Harry at age 4 from a respiratory infection. The day after I buried him,I was so devastated that I went out locally looking for another one. My little Cissy turned out to be sick, but she has hung on for 3 1/2 years. Thankfully, I found this forum and a great vet. I know that you will always miss Pogi, and that you are not trying to replace him. You all just need to fill that huge hole in your heart. Rocky looks like just the boy to do that. He is quite handsome! Looking forward to hearing about his adventures with your family.

kbro

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry to hear about pogi. That's two in one day, I've been following mustashio too, also a petco baby and he sadly didn't make it either. My Loki passed away the beginning of the year as well (also petco). I went 2 months before I got another dragon, I was so upset about my boy I even considered a tortoise because they can live longer. But I fell in love looking around one day. Once you have a beardie you can't live without one. Remember all the good times, he will always be with you since he was your first you will always remember who made you fall in love with these wonderful creatures.

pogismom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I agree... You can't live without them. I love all my pets but I admit I was very drawn to Pogi. Maybe it's their silent nature or the calmness they exude or the roughness of their skin that just makes you relax when you stroke them...but their love is addicting.

Sorry to hear about your loss... I don't think I will buy another pet from Petco or Petsmart... Too many risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom